Bluey Duck Cake Recipe is a delicious dessert with crumbly shortbread, blueberries, and crunchy walnuts. This dessert is the perfect treat for a family dinner or bringing it to a friend’s house.
This bluey duck cake recipe is perfect for the summertime. It combines juicy blueberries, crunchy walnuts, and a crumbly shortbread to create an amazing dessert.
This dessert is perfect for a family dinner or an on-the-go snack when going out with friends. It is easy to make and tastes great! This delicious recipe can be made in just 20 minutes! Enjoy!
How To Make Bluey Duck Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 10 servings
- one 16 oz. pkg. of blueberry cake mix
- cup of softened butter
- cup of sugar
- cup cottage cheese
- one eight oz. Pkg. cream cheese softened
- eggs (use 5)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cup all-purpose flour
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Grease a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
Step 3: In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, blend dry cake mix and butter until blended. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside to cool completely.
Step 4: In a large bowl, blend cottage cheese and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix well. Mix in flour and sugar until blended. Pour the blueberry mixture over the cooled crust.
Step 5: In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, blend cream cheese and butter until blended. Add sugar and mix well. Add blueberries and walnuts; mix well. Spoon over batter.
Step 6: Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Step 7: Enjoy!
Nutrition Fact Of Bluey Duck Cake Recipe
- Calories: 393
- Fat: 25.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.2 g
- Protein: 8.2 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 77 mg
- Iron: 1 mg
- Sodium: 274 mg
5 Best Freezing Ideas For Bluey Duck Cake Recipe
1. For this bluey duck cake recipe, it is recommended that you use frozen blueberries and walnuts. You can use fresh blueberries instead of frozen ones if you like.
2. Make the batter ahead of time and freeze it in an airtight container.
3. Bluey duck cake is perfect for serving at a dinner party or entertaining guests. To save time and keep the ingredients on hand, make a large batch of the batter and freeze it in individual portions. When needed, thaw in the fridge overnight and bake as directed.
4. Make the cake layers ahead of time and freeze them. When ready to serve, frost each layer with a different homemade icing recipe.
5. Bluey Duck Cake is a great dessert to take on the run or when you have guests. To avoid a soggy cake, wrap it in plastic and then foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight before serving.
How Do You Make A Standing Bluey Cake?
A standing Bluey cake is a cake that stands up on its own. This is achieved due to the addition of baking powder or baking soda.
For example, in this bluey duck cake recipe, the blueberry batter is baked with no leavener (no baking soda or powder). Therefore, when baked, it is not enough to keep its shape, and some crumbs will fall from the pan’s sides (as pictured above).
How Do You Make Duck Cupcakes?
Duck cupcakes are made by adding a layer of icing to the bottom of the cupcake. The duck is then stood up on top of this bottom layer.
To make duck cupcakes, bake a large batch of cake mix with no leavener (no baking soda or powder) included in it. Make sure to bake the cake until it’s nice and golden brown, and set it aside to cool completely. Once the cake has cooled, proceed with your recipe for homemade icing.
Bluey Duck Cake is a mouthwatering dessert that combines juicy blueberries, crunchy walnuts, and a crumbly shortbread to create an amazing dessert. It is easy to make and tastes great! Enjoy!