Hey there, fellow food enthusiasts! Today, I’m delighted to present my unique interpretation of the popular dish broccoli fried rice. Broccoli fried rice recipe is perfect for those looking to add a healthy twist to their comfort food repertoire.
This recipe is delicious and highly nutritional, packed with brilliant flavors, colorful vegetables, and healthy components. So, let’s get started and quickly prepare a filling supper that will nourish and satisfy you.
How To Make Broccoli Fried Rice Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Wok or large skillet
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2 cups cooked rice (preferably day-old rice)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: sliced green onions or cilantro
1. Heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a sizeable skillet or wok over medium heat.
2. Add the beaten eggs and scramble until they are cooked. Please take out the scrambled eggs from the wok and set them aside.
3. Turn the heat to medium-high and add the final tablespoon of vegetable oil to the same wok.
4. When the vegetables are tender-crisp, add the diced carrot and broccoli florets to the pan and stir continuously for 3–4 minutes.
5. When the vegetables are tender-crisp, add the diced carrot and broccoli florets to the pan and stir continuously for 3–4 minutes.
6. Place the cooked rice on the other side of the wok after pushing the vegetables to one side. Break up any clumps of rice using a wooden spoon or spatula.
7. Drizzle the soy sauce and sesame oil over the rice and vegetables. Mix everything until well combined.
8. To reheat the scrambled eggs and let the flavors combine, throw them back into the wok and stir-fry for an additional two minutes.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Remove from heat and, if preferred, garnish with thinly sliced green onions or cilantro.
Nutrition Fact of Broccoli Fried Rice Recipe
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 8g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 400mg
Serving Ideas For Broccoli Fried Rice Recipe
Broccoli Fried Rice is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed on its own as a light meal or paired with complementary dishes. Here are a few serving suggestions to enhance your dining experience:
1. Serve as a main course alongside grilled chicken or tofu for added protein.
2. Enjoy as a side dish with sesame-ginger glazed salmon or teriyaki glazed shrimp.
3. Top with a fried or poached egg for an extra indulgent touch.
Tips And Variations
For added texture and flavor, you can include other vegetables, such as bell peppers, snap peas, or mushrooms.
Feel free to add cooked protein, like diced chicken, shrimp, or plant-based alternatives like tempeh or edamame.
Swap regular soy sauce with a gluten-free tamari sauce or coconut aminos to make this dish gluten-free.
Experiment with different types of rice, such as brown rice or cauliflower rice, to suit your dietary preferences.
3 Amazing Health Benefits Of Broccoli Fried Rice Recipe
Broccoli Fried Rice is a fantastic way to incorporate nutrient-rich vegetables. Here are a few health benefits of this wholesome dish:
1. Broccoli is packed with vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. It is a great vitamin C, K, and folate source, supporting a healthy immune system and bone health.
2. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, converted into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential for maintaining healthy vision and promoting skin health.
3. Brown rice provides complex carbohydrates, fiber, and B vitamins. It offers sustained energy and supports digestion.
Broccoli Fried Rice is a delightful dish that proves healthy food can be incredibly delicious.
With its vibrant colours, tantalising flavours, and wholesome ingredients, it’s a recipe that will please both your taste buds and your body.
So, try this recipe next time you’re in the mood for a comforting and nutritious meal. Your palate and your well-being will thank you!