Cajun Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe is a new and unique addition to the foodie scene, with a flavor profile unlike any other. Though it may seem an odd combination for many, you won’t be disappointed in these flavors or tastes.
A recipe mixture of classic chicken salad ingredients with a cajun twist, this chicken salad is tangy and spicy but still retains that classic chicken salad texture we all love.
How To Make Cajun Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 lb chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons birch powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cajun spice mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 4 large bread rolls, toasted
- lettuce leaves
Step 1: Heat a large pan and add oil to it.
Step 2: Add chopped onion and saute until it’s golden brown.
Step 3: Add shredded chicken, mix well with the onion and cook for a few minutes.
Step 4: Add mirch powder, salt, and cajun spice mix well with the chicken mix. Cook the cajun chicken salad for a few more minutes until all the spices are combined into a paste.
Step 5: We need to add lemon juice and tabasco sauce to this mixture.
Step 6: Let the mixture cool down, and then add mayo or greek yogurt and coriander leaves. Mix well.
Step 7: Now take bread rolls, fill them with chicken salad, add lettuce leaves, top off with another roll and serve. This cajun chicken salad sandwich recipe is delicious as an evening snack and a hot cup of coffee or tea!
Nutrition Fact Of Cajun Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 13.2 g
- Saturated fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.2 g
- Protein: 30.8 g
- Cholesterol: 64.5 mg
- Sodium: 826.2 mg
- Fiber: 2.9 g
Health Benefits Of Cajun Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
This is a quick recipe and a healthy dish. It’s healthy and tasty; you’ll love this chicken salad sandwich. It’s packed with protein, good for cholesterol levels; it will help maintain your body’s weight.
It also helps in improving your immune system, keeping you away from diseases. Another advantage of a cajun chicken salad sandwich is that it helps in protecting you from cancer and diabetes.
5 Amazing Serving Ideas Of Cajun Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
1. In addition to serving it as a sandwich, you can serve this cajun chicken salad as a side dish with any chicken bowl.
2. Serve it cold between two slices of bread, wrap it up, carry it around, and enjoy munching at your convenience.
3. No compromise on the flavor or taste of your favorite cajun chicken recipe while eating healthy; replace your traditional recipes with healthy substitutions such as Greek yogurt and mayonnaise.
4. It can be served as a starter by sandwiching it between two slices of bread, putting on a top omelet, and serving it with tomato ketchup.
5. It can be served as finger food by adding a spoonful of cajun chicken salad on toothpicks.
How Do You Thicken Up Chicken Salad?
You can always use mayonnaise or yogurt if you want a way to thicken up cajun chicken salad. This dish is pretty much similar to chicken wraps. You can also try out different spreads if you don’t want the usual mayonnaise and yogurt.
What Can I Substitute For Cajun Chicken Salad?
Some people might not like the cajun chicken salad recipe because it’s a little spicy. So you can reduce the amount of cajun spice and add your choice of dressing.
Cajun chicken recipe is a perfect fit for the cold weather or even a hot day; you will find this dish both wholesome and superb, keeping in mind all its health benefits. This cajun chicken salad sandwich is a great lunchbox recipe with its healthy composition and delicious taste.