Carrot Cake Jam Recipe is an addition to any table, any time of the year. It is not just a great way for you to use the leftover cake; it also has all the health benefits of a raw carrot.
There are also so many ways to use carrots in your cooking, don’t be afraid to get creative! If you’re looking for an easy and fast recipe, this is the one for you! Dive into this quick and easy jam recipe and let your tastebuds take over.
How To Make Carrot Cake Jam Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1.5 cups
- One can (20 ounces) of unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled ripe pears
- Three tablespoons of lemon juice
- One teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- One package (1-3/4 ounces) of powdered fruit pectin
- 6-1/2 cups sugar
Step 1: Combine the first five ingredients (except fruit, sugar, and pectin) in a 3-qt. Saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir in pectin, return to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Gradually stir in sugar until dissolved; return to a boil. Stirring constantly; cook at a rolling boil for 1 minute or until thickened and jam-like (do not boil hard). Remove from heat; stir in fruit and nuts until well blended.
Step 2: Spoon hot Jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-in. Headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust the headspace if needed. Wipe the rim Center lid on the jar. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip tight.
Process in a water bath for 15 minutes (adjust the time for altitude). Cool jars in a canner for 10 minutes; remove and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. The lid should not flex up and down when the center is pressed and stored in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover cake or bread. You can also use canned pumpkin or canned unsweetened crushed pineapple (canned pineapple with juice).
Nutrition Fact Of Carrot Cake Jam Recipe
- Calories: 483.3
- Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 144.7 g
- Sugar: 144.7 g
- Protein: 6.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 22.6 mg
5 Best Freezing Ideas For Carrot Cake Jam Recipe
1. Wrap a layer of plastic restaurant-quality wrap around the top and bottom of the jar; freeze until solid. Remove from freezer and place in freezer bags. Frozen Jam will last up to 2 years, stored in this method.
2. You can also freeze entire jars into a block of ice once there is about 2″ remaining at the top of the jars.
3. Store extra Jam in the refrigerator for about two weeks or longer if stored in an airtight jar, glass, or plastic container.
4. You can also make jam balls by rolling and freezing your Jam in 1″ balls; place in a freezer bag and freeze until solid (avoid leaving exposed). When ready to serve, place it on a hot pancake, waffle, or french toast.
5. To preserve syrup without adding extra sugar, you can freeze it in an ice cube tray and then put it into an airtight freezer bag; when needed, add the cubes directly to the recipe.
Is It Healthy To Eat Carrot Cake Jam With Coconut?
The sugar level of the carrot cake jam recipe is not high as most other jams, but it is still sugar. However, a little bit of coconut may not be bad for you.
Coconut can lower the risk of heart disease and diabetes by adding healthy fats to your diet. To add some coconut goodness to your carrot cake jam recipe, add 1-2 tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut (not sweetened; this will give more flavor).
What Is Carrot Cake Jam Recipe With Apples?
The carrot cake jam with apples makes your carrot cake even yummier. When you see the ingredient list, you might wonder what sweet things are added to the flavor. The white wine extract gives a tangy flavor to this Jam.
How To Make Ball Carrot Cake Jam Recipe?
To make the Ball carrot cake jam recipe, you need to prepare the following ingredients –
1. Carrot Cake Jam recipe – This is done while making the Jam. You can use store-bought or fresh carrot cake if you want. Ensure that your cake is stored in an airtight container.
2. White Wine Extract – This ingredient is added to the Jam while serving, so ensure that you have it ready before making the Jam, or it will take extra time to prepare.
3. Sugar Syrup – This is prepared separately and kept aside when ready to serve.
4. A round mold for shaping the Jam
Make the sugar syrup
In a saucepan, add sugar and water together, and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 7-10 minutes or until it becomes thick Drain off the outer pieces of carrot cake, break them into smaller pieces (the size of one ball) and add to the jar.
Carrot Cake Jam Low Sugar Is Healthy?
The carrots are good for you, but the extra sugar may not be so good. Also, some carrot cake recipes call for fat-free products, which have extra sugar as a substitute. To get all the health benefits of carrots with less sugar, try this recipe:
1. Cut up about 2 cups of carrots into small pieces and place them in a large bowl.
2. Add about half a brown sugar container to the bowl (you can use white sugar if you prefer)
3. Toss the carrots in the bowl, occasionally stirring until all of them are coated in sugar. Tip: If you have a sugar dispenser, use it to help pour the sugar into the carrots.
4. Allow to sit for about 30 minutes, and drain any extra juice from the bottom of your bowl into a separate container.
5. Your carrots are ready to be used in this recipe or added to other recipes as desired.
These are some of the best recipes to use up the leftover cake and bread. You can also use canned pumpkin or unsweetened crushed pineapple (canned pineapple with juice).
It is better than buying expensive jarred fruit jam from supermarkets. Besides, you can save a lot on your grocery bills when you make your own homemade Jam. If you care about saving health, try this healthy carrot cake jam recipe to enjoy the benefits of carrots with little sugar.