Chilapi Fish Fry Recipe is a very popular recipe in Southern India. It’s also known as Kerala Fish Fry Recipe, and it is really easy to make and delicious.
What Is Chilapi Fish Fry Recipe?
Chilapi fish fry recipe is a very popular dish in Southern India, known as Kerala Fish Fry Recipe. It is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is also very popular on weekends and special occasions.
The chilapi fish fry recipe consists of fried spicy Basa or Bison fish accompanied with finely chopped onions and green chilies, some squeezed lime juice, salt, and warm fried bread called papadum.
How To Make Chilapi Fish Fry Recipe?
making chilapi fish fry recipe is very easy; for this dish, we need only a few ingredients:
Pre Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:45 minutes
Making Time:30 minutes
- 1 piece Basa or Bison fish
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/8 cup finely chopped green chilies
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 pieces papadum (optional)
- salt (according to taste)
step 1: Wash the fish very well and cut it into small pieces to make it bite-size.
Step 2: In a pan, heat little oil and fry the fish gently for about 2 to 3 minutes until it gets cooked thoroughly. Set aside.
Step 3: In a pan, heat little oil, add finely chopped onions and green chilies, finely chopped carrots, and finely chopped cabbage; stir this mixture for a minute or two until tender but not browned.
Step 4: Add turmeric powder, salt, fish, and lemon juice.
Step 5: Stir gently and heat for about 5 minutes or until it starts to boil.
Step 6: Remove from the heat, arrange the fish on a plate with some warm papadum on the side. The chilapi fish fry recipe is ready to serve; enjoy!
Nutrition Fact Of Chilapi Fish Fry Recipe
|Dietary fiber||1 g|
10 Best Health Benefits Of Chilapi Fish Fry Recipe
1. The spices and vegetables used in this recipe help reduce cholesterol. They also have anti-inflammatory properties, improve blood circulation and help to control blood pressure.
2. The fish used in this recipe also benefits your heart. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help prevent blood clots and lower triglyceride levels by as much as 50%.
3. Potassium helps maintain a steady flow of energy and helps keep your muscles and nerves functioning normally.
4. It is rich in vitamin A and C, necessary for healthy skin, growth, repair of tissues, bone maintenance, good vision, and a strong immune system.
7. The cabbage used in this recipe is an excellent source of anti-cancer compounds. It helps to prevent cancer by directly inhibiting or slowing down the growth of cancer cells but also by helping to reduce the toxic effects of carcinogenic substances on your body.
8. Turmeric is a well-known spice commonly used in curries and other spicy foods. It contains various compounds, including diferuloylmethane, which have antioxidant properties.
9. Fish is an excellent source of lean protein. It also provides your body with vitamin B 12 and phosphorus, which help maintain strong bones and healthy teeth.
10. Fish provides you with omega-3 fatty acids, which your skin needs. Omega-3 fatty acids help to keep your skin smooth and soft. They also help to keep your hair shiny and healthy.
What Fish Can Be Used In Chilapi Fish Fry Recipe?
Basa or Bison Fish is the original fish used in this spicy recipe. Nowadays, you will find many variants of the same dish made with different fish. You can use whatever fish is available, but Basa or Bison is still the original fish used.
Can I Use Frozen Fish?
No, you cannot use frozen fish in this recipe because it will spoil the taste of your dish. Always buy the fresh and best quality fish from a reliable market. Never compromise on the quality; always buy the best one you can afford.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Yes, this spicy fish fry recipe is a very good choice for those suffering from heart diseases because of its spices. It also contains a very small amount of oil, making it a healthy recipe and loved by everyone.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
This dish is not for those who are diabetic. The amount of oil used in this recipe is high; the red onion and green chillies are high on the glycemic index. But, if you can compromise with the amount of oil and eat this spicy fish fry without the onion and chillies it will be good for diabetics.
Is It Good For Children?
Yes, it is a very good recipe for children as it has fish which is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and helps to cure the hyperactive behavior of your child.
Is It Good For Weight Loss?
This dish is not for those on a diet or who wish to lose weight; it contains many calories but will taste heavenly. But if you want to reduce your calorie intake, you can always skip the bread called papadum and have this spicy fish fry with boiled rice.
Is It Good For Pregnant Woman?
The fish is rich in many nutrients essential for the health of a pregnant woman, this recipe is good for her, but she should avoid the red onion and green chillies. But if you are pregnant and it is a special occasion at your home, you can enjoy this dish once a week.
Is It Good For Lactating Mother?
Yes, this spicy fish fry recipe is very healthy for lactating mothers on a diet or who wish to lose weight.
Is It Good For Old People?
Yes, it is a good recipe for older adults who have less appetite and wish to have something spicy. But they should avoid chillies.
Is It Good For Your Skin?
The fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and makes your skin soft and shiny. Also, the vegetables used in this recipe are rich in carotenoid antioxidants, which protect your skin from the damaging effect of ultraviolet radiation.
Is It Good For Your Hair?
Yes, the fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and the vegetables are rich in carotenoid antioxidants, which help your hair grow healthy and shiny.
Is It Good For Your Digestion?
The fish used in this recipe is low in fat, making it easy to digest. The spices also aid in digestion. Everyone can enjoy this spicy dish but always remember that excess of everything is bad, so eat this dish in moderation.
How To Serve Chilapi Fish Fry Recipe?
Chilapi fish fry is served as a snack with papadum. You can also eat it with boiled rice and pickles or chutney. More finger-licking recipes.
This is a very healthy and delicious recipe; you can make it at any time and serve it hot to your guests. You can make chilapi fish fry recipe with any fish. Write in the comment section below if you have any other questions or queries.