Chinese Almond Cookies Recipe Hawaii is a sweet, nutty cookie loved by kids and adults alike. The recipe traditionally used calls for blanched almonds, but you can use any raw or roasted almonds.
You can also make this recipe with other kinds of nuts such as walnuts, pecans, pistachios, or freshly chopped walnuts, to name a few.
What Is Chinese Almond Cookies Recipe Hawaii?
Chinese almond cookies recipe Hawaii are cookies made from almonds and Chinese five-spice powder. The Chinese almond cookies recipe Hawaii has been used in Hawaiian cuisine, Chinese-American cuisine, and many other cultures.
They are simple to make and really easy to learn how to cast; you will be able to make this cookie recipe on your own with ease. These Chinese almond cookies come together quickly and are a favorite among kids when they want something quick, easy, and delicious.
How To Make Chinese Almond Cookies Recipe Hawaii?
- 1 cup almonds.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger.
- One tablespoon minced candied ginger.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 5 whole cloves.
- 3-4 pods of green cardamom seeds. (optional)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or you can make your shortening-free all-purpose flour by omitting the use of shortening in the recipe.)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3/4 cup shortening (or butter, coconut oil, or other neutral oil).
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar.
- 1 cup white sugar.
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the almonds, ground ginger, minced candied ginger, ground cinnamon, cloves, and green cardamom seeds. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour with baking powder and baking soda and stir until well combined.
4. Add the salt and cream of tartar and make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; pour in shortening with working quickly so that the dry ingredients absorb it.
5. Slowly add the sugar while mixing constantly. Knead until the dough becomes smooth and soft.
6. Add the almond mixture to the dough and knead well until thoroughly incorporated into the dough.
7. On a well-floured surface, divide the dough into about 16 balls; roll each ball into a disk about 1/4-inch thick, being careful not to overwork the dough or let it toughen.
8. Place them on a greased cookie sheet about 1/8-inch apart.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
11. Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack before serving.
Nutritional Fact Of Chinese Almond Cookies Recipe Hawaii
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||12.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.6 g|
10amazing Health Benefits Of Chinese Almond Cookies Recipe Hawaii
1. Antioxidant Rich
Almonds are a great source of antioxidants.
2. Rich In Fiber
Chinese almond cookies recipe Hawaii are high in fiber and low in carbs.
Eating almonds regularly has been proven to protect against certain cancers, such as cancer of the prostate, esophagus, stomach, stomach, breast, and colon cancer.
4. Boosts Immunity
Chinese almond cookies recipe hawaii are a power of vitamin E that helps to boost your immune system.
5. Heart Healthy
Almonds are rich in protective antioxidant flavonoids that reduce heart-related diseases.
6. Eye Healthy
Almonds are high in vitamin E, which is shown to prevent vision loss and macular degeneration.
7. Weight Loss
Eating almonds regularly helps you stay slim and healthy by helping your body burn fat, control your appetite and prevent depression.
8. Healthy Hormonal Balance
Research has shown that eating almonds regularly can help you maintain a healthy hormonal balance, which helps you build stronger bones and muscles, maintain proper hormone levels, and prevent osteoporosis.
9. Rich In Protein
Almonds are high in protein and essential for healthy growth and development.
10. Great For Skin And Hair Health
Almonds contain vitamin E, antioxidants, zinc, and copper, which help to keep your skin looking youthful.
Is It Good For Children?
They are great for children because of the high amount of vitamin E and omega fatty acids. Children also love them because they are easy to eat, and kids can eat them independently.
The high amount of protein found in almonds is beneficial for children with ADHD or ADD. They contain no sugar, gluten, or preservatives, so they are a great alternative for the child looking for healthy snacks.
Is It Good For Old People?
As for the benefits of the Almond Cookies Recipe, it is noteworthy that this type of food has a natural nutritional value and is rich in protein. Pregnant women or older adults are the best candidates for the dishes to supply sufficient protein.
What Is The Origin?
Chinese almond cookies recipe Hawaii is a Chinese-American cookie created in Hawaii, but they can trace their origins to China, where they have been eaten as snacks from as early as the 18th century.
Is It Good For Pregnant Woman?
They are great for pregnant women because they contain no sugar, no gluten, and are rich in protein. A small amount of saturated fats is present in these cookies.
It is best to avoid eating too much of them as it has been linked to miscarriage or premature delivery. Women should avoid eating nuts while they’re pregnant as a general rule.
Is It Bad For Diabetics?
They are okay for people with diabetes because they have only a small amount of sugar and contain no gluten or preservatives. They are better to eat in moderation because too much can raise insulin levels, and you want to keep your insulin level as low as possible during pregnancy.
Can It Be Served As Breakfast?
They can be served as a healthy breakfast choice because they are high in protein, low in carbohydrates, and rich in monounsaturated fat.
How To Store Chinese Almond Cookies Recipe Hawaii?
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze them for 3 months.
These cookies were very tasty! They tasted like almond cookies, but they were much more flavorful than the ones I’ve had in the past. I love all the different flavors that went into making the Chinese almond cookies recipe in Hawaii.
The spices, the almonds, and the candied ginger are all so yummy! They even tasted a lot like an actual blueberry muffin which is a good thing because I’m always looking for something healthier to eat during breakfast or in place of normal muffins.