Chinese Burger Bun Recipe is a delicious and easy recipe for the most common burger bun to make. If you are one of those people who love burgers with a side of fries, then this is the perfect burger to have your mouth-watering meal.
Chinese buns come in the thin, flat dough, often eaten in soups, yet they are on their own used as an entire dish like a sandwich or an open-face plate.
What Is A Chinese Burger Bun Recipe?
The Chinese burger bun recipe is very simple, and it is one of the easiest burger bun recipes. It can be made with the help of a Chinese steamer which comes in different shapes, sizes, and materials. If you are looking for a burger bun that is soft and is easy to eat, then this recipe is the best one.
How To Make Chinese Burger Bun Recipe?
The Chinese burger bun recipe is easy to make as all the ingredients used are easily available in the stores. First of all, you need to prepare the dough. Then, you have to divide it into eight portions.
After that, add water and salt to a bowl. Next, stir well and leave the dough for at least half an hour to rise. When you check on your dough after 30 minutes, add baking soda and baking powder and mix again until all the lumps are removed from the dough.
- 1/2 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided; more for kneading the dough
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups of water at 100°F to 115°F (40°C to 46°C)
- Canola oil for pan-frying and brushing steamer rack
- Chopped chives or green onion as garnish (optional)
1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Wait for 10 minutes.
2. Mix 1 cup flour with salt in another bowl until it becomes crumbly. Add the water, one tablespoon at a time, until it becomes sticky and a soft dough is formed when you lift the flour from the ball with your hand.
Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 6 to 8 minutes. Divide the dough into eight equal pieces (using slightly oiled hands or a pastry scraper). Cover with a damp kitchen towel and let rest for about 30 minutes.
3. Roll each piece of dough into a round flatbread. Slice the dough straight down and then into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
4. If you don’t have a steamer, use a pot with boiling water, set over high heat (about 5 inches above the waterline), cover tightly, and bring to a boil.
Place the steamer inside the pot and add 1 inch of water. Place dough pieces onto a lightly greased rack and steam for 5 minutes. Remove dumplings one at a time with a flat spatula, brush with oil, and pan-fry on each side until golden brown.
5. Mix all ingredients with 1/2 cup warm water in a bowl until dissolved for the dipping sauce.
6. Serve immediately with chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, or Chinese mustard (optional).
Nutrition Fact Of Chinese Burger Bun Recipe
7 Health Benefits Of the Chinese Burger Bun Recipe
1. It has many minerals and vitamins and does not contain any cholesterol.
2. It is full of proteins, carbohydrates, and minerals.
3. It is delicious, healthy, rich, and tastes great.
4. The good thing about the chinese burger bun recipe is that it does not contain any cholesterol, so you are sure to be healthy by having this dish in your diet.
5. It is a very healthy dish, and you can have the best time during dinner by having this combo in your diet.
6. The best thing about the Chinese burger bun recipe is that it is full of high potency vitamins and minerals and has many nutrients, so you are sure to be very healthy while having this dish at home.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
This recipe is a low-fat meal, so it’s fine for heart patients. It has only 105 grams of carbs and 60 grams of proteins, so it is good for a diabetic patient.
Is It Good For Children?
This recipe is completely good for children. It has only 25 grams of saturated fatty acids, so you can have this dish and keep the body very healthy.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
This recipe is completely fine for pregnant women. But because of its saltiness, it is suggested that pregnant women can have this dish in a small amount.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
This bun recipe is suitable for people with diabetes. It is made from whole wheat flour and low-fat milk. The ingredients include yeast, sugar, salt, and water.
How Much Cholesterol Does It Have?
This recipe has no cholesterol at all. It has only about 2 grams of saturated fatty acids and 4 grams of unsaturated acids, so that you can have this dish in a very large amount without any problem.
Is It Good For People With Cholesterol?
When we talk about the Chinese burger bun recipe, it is high in cholesterol. But this dish is prepared by steam flinging, so it does not affect the cholesterol levels in the body.
Is It Good For Your Skin?
It is a very healthy dish with no oil, so it is very healthy and can be very good for your skin.
Can You Freeze Chinese Burger Bun Recipe?
The freezing Chinese burgers bun recipe is completely fine. You can freeze them to increase the shelf life, or you can freeze them in airtight containers.
The Chinese burger bun recipe is a very healthy and yummy dish. It is very easy to make and can be cooked in a short time. This Chinese burger bun recipe has many health benefits, and it can be a part of a diet plan.
Also, you can use this Chinese burger bun recipe for your children. Hope you found the answer to all your questions about this recipe. If you have any queries about this recipe, then do not forget to comment below.