Chinese Chicken Stew Recipe is so tender and flavorful that you’ll think you’re eating at a restaurant. The key is to simmer them for a long time, which will make all the vegetables perfectly tender.
And it’s pretty easy to make on your own, too! Chinese chicken stew recipes are easy to make. The main ingredients are chicken and vegetables, so the kids will surely enjoy it if you make this at home.
What Is Chinese Chicken Stew Recipe?
Chinese chicken stew recipe is a very popular dish in China. Most people make it home by themselves, but it’s also commonly served at restaurants.
It’s made of different ingredients, including chicken, vegetables, other spices, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. As you may know, the ingredients are not just important; the method must be right too so that the delicious Chinese chicken stew recipe can be made by anyone easily.
How To Make Chinese Chicken Stew Recipe?
Chinese chicken stew recipes are easy to make, but there’s something that you need to know before you make them. You should add the chicken breast into cold water and set it aside for a while so that the meat can soak in cold water for about 3 hours.
The chicken breast, ginger slices, garlic cloves, and scallions are added and boiled over high heat with 2 cups of broth in a pot. Then it’s covered and set at low heat until it is cooked through.
Pre Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1 lb (450 g) skinless chicken breast
- 6 Shanghai bok choy, chopped
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken broth or water
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of rice wine vinegar
- Vegetable oil for cooking the chicken breast and vegetables
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 slices ginger, minced
1. Boil chicken breast in a pot with 2 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar.
2. Meanwhile, add the bok choy to boiling water for about 3-4 minutes and drain it.
3. In a saucepan, combine the chicken broth with the cornstarch and stir until the starch dissolves completely. Then, turn the heat on low and stir in the saucepan to thicken it.
4. Add the soy sauce, garlic, and ginger to the chicken breast and cook for about 6-7 minutes until it is cooked thoroughly.
5. Drain the chicken breast from the broth and set it aside.
6. Remove 5 tablespoons of broth from the pot (reserve this) and add vegetable oil, sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, garlic cloves, and ginger.
7. Stir fry the vegetables and add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of salt.
8. Place the chicken breast onto a serving dish and pour the vegetables over. Serve it hot with rice or as a side dish with pork, beef, noodles, or soup.
Nutrition Fact Of Chinese Chicken Stew Recipe
|Calories From Fat||175|
10 Health Benefits Of Chinese Chicken Stew Recipe
1. Chinese chicken stew recipe is full of protein because it contains chicken and vegetables.
2. Chinese chicken stew recipe is good for immunity as this dish provides protein and vitamins such as vitamin E, A, C, and B-complex.
3. This dish can prevent cancer because the Chinese chicken stew recipe contains garlic, which lowers cancer risk.
4. The ginger and garlic in this dish can reduce thirst, so you don’t need to drink lots of water after having it for a meal.
5. In addition, this dish also has minerals such as potassium, manganese, and phosphorus.
6. Chinese chicken stew recipe is good for your skin because it contains many ingredients, including onion and garlic, which are important to reducing skin allergies.
7. Chinese chicken stew recipe is good for the heart because it lowers the risk of heart disease. This dish contains garlic which lowers cholesterol levels in your blood by burning fat in the body and lowering blood pressure.
8. Chinese chicken stew recipe is good for your body because it can help support weight loss.
9. You can also get energy from this dish containing calcium and vitamin C.
10. This dish is good for the brain because the Chinese chicken stew recipe contains many vitamins and minerals that make the brain work properly, such as iron, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin B-complex vitamins.
Is It Good For Your Children?
Yes, the Chinese chicken stew recipe is good for adults and children because it contains chicken, vegetables, and other ingredients that have many benefits.
As you know, we should introduce our children to eating a healthy diet since they are growing. We can make a Chinese chicken stew recipe at home and teach your kids to eat it.
How Much Calories?
The calories in this dish depend on the number of ingredients. If you add more chicken, fat, and vegetables, the calories will rise, so be careful with how much you add. The Chinese chicken stew recipe contains about 400-600 calories per serving, depending on what ingredients you choose for it.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
If you have diabetes, please note that the Chinese chicken stew recipe is not ok for people with diabetes as it contains oil, ginger, and garlic which are high in carbs.
If you want to serve stall this dish for your diet, please make a low-carb version like the Chinese chicken stew recipe using the ingredients acceptable for people with diabetes.
Is It Good For Your Skin?
Chinese chicken stew recipe is good for your skin because it contains many ingredients, including garlic, which protects your skin from UV rays and makes it healthy.
Because of that, you don’t need to spend money every time you buy a bottle of lotion to protect your face and body.Chinese chicken stew is good for eating and drinking, but it is also incredibly beneficial for your health.
How To Prevent Weight Gain?
Since the Chinese chicken stew recipe contains many ingredients that can increase the calories in an average serving, like chicken, fat, etc. This is a good dish for you to eat if you are trying to prevent gaining weight. However, you should avoid adding more ingredients to make it taste better.
Is It Good For Your Hair?
Chinese chicken stew recipe can help your hair grow as it is good for your skin. As you know, you need protein in the body to make hair. This dish contains garlic which has many benefits, such as preventing hair loss.
Is It Good For Brain?
Chinese chicken stew recipe contains many vitamins and minerals that are good for your brain to make it work properly. It is also a great source of fiber to maintain healthy digestion to promote good health.
Can I Freeze Chinese Chicken Stew Recipe?
Chinese chicken stew recipe can be frozen as long as you follow the steps properly. After you make it, let it cool down, then place it in a plastic bag or freezer bag and freeze for up to 1 month. Place into the refrigerator for about 4-6 weeks once frozen; then, you can use it to make the Chinese chicken stew recipe again.
How To Serve Chinese Chicken Stew Recipe?
They say that the Chinese chicken stew recipe is full of nutrients. This dish does contain many ingredients that are good for our health.
However, you may want to add more ingredients to make the dish taste better, but not too much as it will be a high-calorie dish. Chinese chicken stew can be served with rice or noodles as a side dish or even in a main meal on the weekend.
Chinese chicken stew recipe is a dish that contains a lot of nutrients and fiber. It is good for the body and prevents health problems such as weight gain, cancer, heart disease, etc.
If you haven’t tried it yet, you should make it at home and serve it to your family or friends today. You should know that the Chinese chicken stew recipe can be served as ingredients for Chinese noodle soup or other meat.