Chinese Peanut Chicken Recipe is a delicious and easy dish that your family will love. The recipe consists of crispy fried chicken tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce with peanuts, green onions, ginger, garlic, honey, and soy sauce. Serve it with steamed rice for an easy weeknight dinner.
What Is Chinese Peanut Chicken Recipe?
Chinese peanut chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make stir fry with ground chicken chunks tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce with toasted peanuts, green onions, ginger, and garlic.
This dish will delight your senses, especially the 5 taste sensory system activated when we enjoy the combination of savory, sweet, sour, bitter, and salty flavors.
How To Make?
Chinese peanut chicken recipe is a quick and easy dish that you can make in just 30 minutes. Here is how you make it.
Serves 4 people.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Vegetable oil for frying the chicken
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (about 100 grams)
- 2 tbsp honey (can substitute it with sugar)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or as needed to taste
- 1-inch ginger, sliced into thin rounds (optional)
- 2 green onions, cut into pieces with white and green parts separated (to garnish)
1. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Marinate the chicken with soy sauce and set aside to marinate.
2. Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat and add some oil. Add the ginger, garlic, and peanuts and cook for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the honey and soy sauce and cook until the sauce is thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon, about 3 minutes or so. Taste to adjust seasonings if needed.
3. Add the chicken and green onions and cook until the chicken is cooked through and caramelized, about 5-6 minutes or so. Taste to adjust seasonings if needed.
4. Garnish with the green onion tops and serve hot with steamed rice.
10 Best Health Benefits
1. Low-calorie Chinese peanut chicken recipe is a healthy substitute for high-calorie fried foods.
2. High protein Chinese peanut chicken recipe will increase your protein intake, an essential nutrient in the human body.
3. The low-fat and low-carb Chinese peanut chicken recipe will keep you healthy and fit.
4. Low cholesterol Chinese peanut chicken recipe is good for people with heart problems or conditions like hypertension or stroke. It does not raise the body’s blood pressure level and can decrease cholesterol levels.
5. High fiber Chinese peanut chicken recipe will help you lower your blood sugar level and reduce the risk of diabetes.
6. High in calcium Chinese peanut chicken recipe is a healthy alternative to eggs and cheese.
7. Cholesterol-free Chinese peanut chicken recipe will keep you fit and healthy by lowering the cholesterol level in your body.
8. Helps you to lose weight as it is a low-calorie dish that contains fewer calories than other high-calorie foods.
9. Protein-rich Chinese peanut chicken recipe will build muscle mass in the body.
10. Rich in antioxidants Chinese peanut chicken recipe is a good source of niacin, vitamin B6 and folic acid, which help protect the body from cardiovascular diseases and certain types of cancer.
How To Serve Chinese Peanut Chicken Recipe?
Chinese peanut chicken recipe is best served with hot steamed rice or bread. You can also serve it with noodles, pasta, or other grains like quinoa.
Is It Good For Children?
Yes, it is good for children and toddlers because of the recipe’s high protein and calcium content.
How To Store Chinese Peanut Chicken Recipe?
Chinese peanut chicken recipe tastes best when served fresh. However, you can store the leftovers in the fridge and reheat them before serving. You can also freeze it but remember to reheat it before serving, as freezing will make the dish lose its crispiness.
Is It Good For the Elderly?
Yes, it is good for older adults as it does not contain any cholesterol, which causes clogged arteries, and can also help in reducing the risk of a heart attack.
Preparation Time For Chinese Peanut Chicken Recipe?
It takes 20 minutes to prep the ingredients required for the Chinese peanut chicken recipe. Cooking time takes about 15 minutes, and total preparation time takes around 35-40 minutes.
Is It Good For Athletes?
Yes, it is good for athletes as it is low in calories and will not make you feel hungry. It can be consumed before, during, or after workouts.
Chinese peanut chicken recipe is a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make dish that your whole family will love. There is no doubt that it will remind you of Chinese restaurant food.