Chinese pork and squash soup recipe are tasty and easy dishes to prepare. It is also a traditional dish for the Chinese New Year. Typically served warm, this soup is a comfort dish with a robust flavor.
What Is Chinese Pork And Squash Soup Recipe?
Chow Mein, which means “fried noodles,” is a dish consisting of Chinese-style stir-fried noodles with meat and vegetables. It is one of the most popular dishes in the world! Originating in China, chow mein was brought to the United States by immigrants from Guangdong province.
Chinese pork and squash soup recipe is a great dish to make if you have heavier ingredients that need to be used up. It is also a great dish to bring to a potluck.
How To Make Chinese Pork And Squash Soup Recipe?
This recipe makes a really large batch, so you can cook using all ingredients. Tender pork belly, vegetables, and squash are stir-fried to cook separately and create a flavorful soup base. This soup is typically served warm and is a perfect starter to a Chinese meal.
Prepare Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package of minced pork
- 1 lb. of fresh Chinese ground pork
- 1/2 head of eggplant
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 8 oz. thick Chinese noodles
- 1 cup of sweet bean paste (Tau Chew Grate Bean)
- 6 cups of water
- 1/2 lb. lotus roots cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of white pepper powder
1. Rinse the eggplant to remove all the dirt. Then, cut them into small pieces. Cook in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes and drain.
2. In a wok, heat 2 tbsp rice oil until hot. Add pork and fry until golden brown. Remove the pork and set it aside.
3. Heat another 2 tbsp rice oil in a different wok and add the ground pork and continue frying until golden brown.
4. Add eggplant and quickly fry, stirring occasionally. After a few minutes, it will be golden brown all over.
5. Add the sweet bean paste and continue mixing until you get a brownish color.
6. Add 1 tbsp of the water and mix. Then add more water to your liking and mix again to let the liquid enter the eggplant and other wok ingredients.
7. Add the pork and continue frying until the pork is golden brown.
8. Add the frozen peas, squid, and lotus roots. Stir carefully to mix all ingredients evenly.
9. Turn up the heat and add salt and white pepper powder to taste. Mix again so that all ingredients are cooked evenly.
10. Add in the noodles and mix again to mix evenly until it is fully cooked, frequently stirring with a spatula so that all ingredients are mixed evenly without burning them on one side of the wok.
11. Stir in the remaining water and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until all ingredients are cooked.
12. Serve hot!
Nutrition Fact Of Chinese Pork And Squash Soup Recipe
10 Best Health Benefits Of Chinese Pork And Squash Soup Recipe
1. It is full of fiber (4 grams).
2. Cholesterol free.
4. It is a natural source of protein, Vitamin A, folic acid, and iron.
5. It is low fat and good for your heart!
6. It provides energy to your body as a great source of carbohydrates, protein, and fiber!
7. Contains antioxidants that help eliminate harmful free radicals in the body and fight cancer!
8. It is anti-inflammatory as it contains a flavonoid called luteolin, which also has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties!
9. It protects the skin from cancer, photodamage, and premature aging!
10. It is a great source of glutathione, an antioxidant that helps prevent liver damage!
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Yes! It is a good source of fiber. Fiber helps remove cholesterol contents in the body by helping food to pass through your digestive tract more quickly. Lower cholesterol content in the body means lowering the risk of heart diseases.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
Yes, it is. It does not have sugar or any stimulating substance, negatively affecting people with diabetes. It is a good source of fiber, and it is a tasty dish that most people will love.
Is It Low In Calories?
It is a low-calorie dish compared to other dishes because it contains less oil and hence has fewer carbohydrates. This makes the Chinese pork and squash soup recipe a good choice for weight loss. Losing weight helps prevent heart diseases!
Is It Good For Your Children?
Chinese pork and squash soup recipe are good for your children as it contains no harmful substances such as sugar. It is a good way for kids to get healthy and enjoy a delicious dish!
Is It Good For Athletes?
This article will tell you if the Chinese pork and squash soup recipe is good for athletes. Pork and squash are both known to be beneficial for the body’s health and are low in fat.
They also have slow-burning energy that lasts throughout the day. This soup is perfect for those with a busy schedule as it only takes about 45 minutes when prepared with fresh ingredients, without sacrificing flavor or health benefits.
Is It Good For Women Who Are Trying To Conceive?
No, it is not advisable because of the high concentration of salt. Other than that, this Chinese pork and squash soup recipe can be consumed by women trying to conceive as it contains natural fiber ingredients that promote healthy digestion and lower cholesterol levels in the body which help prevent heart diseases.
Is It Good For The Elderly?
Yes, it is because of its low sodium content and hence will not contribute to high blood pressure. Chinese pork and squash soup recipe is also a great source of protein for seniors who tend to lose kidney functions over time. However, if you are elderly, you may want to take less oil as your body may not be able to cope well with too much oil.
Is It Good For Your Skin And Hair?
Yes, it is because of the vitamin A content in the Chinese pork and squash soup recipe. Vitamin A is essential to help you maintain your skin and keep it smooth while promoting healthy hair.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
Please consult your doctor as every pregnant woman may have different reactions or requirements for food during pregnancy. Some people say that pregnancy can be a time of heightened senses, making particular foods more desirable than at other times.
How To Serve Chinese Pork And Squash Soup Recipe?
This Chinese pork and squash soup recipe is best served with french bread. The french bread can be toasted in an oven or fried in a pan on both sides until it turns golden brown.
Can I Freeze Chinese Pork And Squash Soup Recipe?
Yes, the Chinese pork and squash soup recipes are good for freezing. It can be frozen for up to 6 months. However, it is important to store the soup in an airtight container as it thaws very quickly.
Chinese pork and squash soup recipe is a healthy and tasty dish that will fit your family menu. Its fiber contents from the squash and its protein contents from the pork make this dish a great choice to include in your weekly home-cooked meal recipe. We hope you find this Chinese pork and squash soup recipe very useful.