Chinese Salted Fish Fried Rice Recipe is a dish cooked by frying salted fish and then adding in rice and various other ingredients. The fish is usually the smaller whitefish called “salt fish” or, the larger variety of fish called “salted cod.”
In this recipe, ginger and scallion are added to make a traditional mixture in Chinese cooking. This mixture will also be fried with rice, but before adding any other ingredients such as vegetables or eggs.
What Is Chinese Salted Fish Fried Rice Recipe?
Chinese salted fish fried rice is, as its names suggest, it is a traditional Chinese dish that frying salted fish cooked with rice and other ingredients. This dish is good for diabetics; it contains a very low amount of fats and sugars. Chinese salted fish fried rice recipe is a low-calorie dish, so it is also a good option to lose weight. recipe is also known as Chinese fried rice and Chinese fried rice with salted fish.
Usually, the salted cod or the saltfish is coated in flour batter before being deep-fried so that the flour coating hardens. As for the seasoned rice, it can either be cooked beforehand or cooked after frying the seasoning ingredients with rice.
How To Make Chinese Salted Fish Fried Rice Recipe?
Chinese salted fish fried rice is easy to make as all you need to do gather the ingredients that you need and start cooking.
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 2 salted fish
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Wash the rice, then soak it in water (enough to cover your rice) for 1 hour.
2. After 1 hour, drain the water from the rice and put it aside.
3. Heat a wok and add cooking oil, soy sauce, and salt fish. Cook until salted fish is crispy and cooked through; do not overcook, or else it will become hard to swallow.
4. Now, add the soaked rice and mix everything until the rice is coated with all the seasonings.
5. Cook until the rice is half cooked, then add soy sauce and water.
6. Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through.
7. Now turn off the heat and add in beaten egg and mix everything; cook for a further 5 minutes or until the egg is cooked through.
8. Lastly, transfer the fried rice to a serving bowl and serve it.
Nutrition Fact Of Chinese Salted Fish Fried Rice Recipe
|Calories from fat||100|
|Sodium||480 mg (14%)|
|Fiber||4 g (15%)|
10 Health Benefits Of Chinese Salted Fish Fried Rice Recipe
1. Chinese salted fish fried rice is a very yummy dish and one of the most popular dishes in China. It has a very simple yet sophisticated flavor; it is not just salty fish and rice but also includes fresh vegetables that give it a unique taste.
2. Fried foods are often seen as junk food even if they have no preservatives and no artificial ingredients, but this dish is not like that. It is nutritious and gives you enough nutrients that your body needs.
3. This dish is very good for dieting as it contains a low amount of calories and fats, but still provides you with the same feeling of being full.
4. Calories in fried foods act differently in different bodies; some people store them while others burn them up. If you want to lose weight, this is a good choice.
5. Chinese salted fish fried rice will also serve as a great option for people on low-carb meal plans as it contains very few carbs and very few calories.
6. In Chinese salted fish fried rice, the bitter taste of the soy sauce is balanced by the sour and sweet taste of ginger, scallion, and egg yolk so that it becomes a wonderful flavor combination in one dish.
7. Being high in proteins, this dish is good for people who are into sports or work out regularly as it will help them build up their muscles and recover faster.
8. When you look at this dish, you might think it will make you feel more thirsty. It is not the case, though. This dish has a water content of 4% and thus will help reduce the amount of water lost from your body during the day.
9. This dish is a great option for people who are allergic to fish as it contains fish. People who are allergic to fish can still enjoy this dish as though it does contain fish; the other ingredients in the dish will ensure that there will be a very small amount of fish flavor in the final product.
10. This dish is also good for people on low-fat meal plans who want to keep fit.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Some people say that this dish is bad for people who have heart problems as it contains a very high amount of salt in it; you should not forget that fish though is also a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart patients, so this dish does not have to be avoided if there is no problem with your heart.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
This dish is good for diabetics; it contains a very low amount of fats and sugars. Chinese salted fish fried rice recipe is a low-calorie dish, so it is also a good option to lose weight.
Is It Good For People Who Are On Diet?
Yes, this dish will be a great breakfast meal for people on a diet as it contains very little amount of calories and is a good way to start the day.
Is It Good For Children?
Yes, this dish is great for children as it is high in nutrients which will help them build their body and develop a good amount of immune system.
Is It Good For Pregnant Woman?
This dish is also a good choice for pregnant women as it is high in omega 3 fatty acids and they will help her keep the baby healthy and smart during her pregnancy.
Is It Good For Your Skin?
Yes, this dish is full of omega 3 fatty acids, which are good for the skin and make you look younger.
Can I Freeze Chinese Salted Fish Fried Rice Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze the salted fried rice and use it whenever needed. This dish is perfect for families as you can make a large batch of it and freeze them for later use.
As you can see, this Chinese salted fish fried rice is a very simple dish that can be made quickly and easily. It tastes good and contains very little amount of calories, carbs, and fats, so Chinese salted fish fried rice recipe is a perfect dish for those who are on diet plans.
If you liked this Chinese salted fish fried rice recipe, make sure to check out these other cooking recipes listed at the bottom of this page. Enjoy!