Doug’s Fish Fry Coleslaw Recipe is a crowd favorite for a good reason – it’s crunchy, creamy, sweet and savory, and super easy to make. It’s also a budget-friendly dish. That makes it the perfect side for any party or gathering!
What Is Doug’s Fish Fry Coleslaw Recipe?
Doug’s fish fry coleslaw recipe is also great for making ahead of time for parties and gatherings or just as an after-school snack for the crew. It’s a sweet and tangy coleslaw that gets its crunch from.
How To Make Doug’s Fish Fry Coleslaw Recipe?
Doug’s fish fry coleslaw recipe is super easy to make. It’s a great recipe for new cooks or seasoned cooks alike.
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 (16 ounces) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese
1. In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic in the oil until soft.
2. Add the salt, vinegar, mayonnaise and stir to combine.
3. Next, add the cabbage, carrots, sugar, and celery seed to coat them with the dressing mix. Stir until everything is coated in the dressing mix.
4. Cover and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
5. Drain the excess dressing from the coleslaw and serve!
Nutrition Fact Of Doug’s Fish Fry Coleslaw Recipe
10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Doug’s Fish Fry Coleslaw Recipe
1. Can help lower bad cholesterol.
2. Great source of vitamin A.
3. Good source of dietary fiber and vitamin C.
4. Helps Treat Diarrhea and Constipation.
5. Good for treating colds and flu.
6. Contains antioxidants reduces the risk of cancer.
7. Can alleviate indigestion and prevent heartburns.
8. Helps relieve asthma and breathing problems.
9. Acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that could relieve symptoms of arthritis and osteoporosis.
10. Lowers the risk of life-threatening heart conditions.
What To Eat With Doug’s Fish Fry Coleslaw Recipe?
This is one recipe that goes well with almost any meal. It’s also a great side dish for barbecues and potlucks or Thanksgiving dinner! You can’t go wrong with this crowd-pleasing dish.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Yes. This recipe is good for heart patients because it’s a low-fat, low-cholesterol, high-fiber dish that won’t negatively impact the blood cholesterol level of the heart patient.
Does Doug’s Fish Fry Coleslaw Recipe Taste Good?
This recipe is great! It is crunchy, sweet, tangy, and savory and is a favorite at parties and gatherings. It’s the perfect side dish for any party or gathering!
Is It Good For Diabetics?
Yes. This recipe is good for people with diabetes because it’s a low-fat, low-cholesterol, high-fiber dish that won’t negatively impact the blood cholesterol level of the heart patient.
How Long Would It Take For Doug’s Fish Fry Coleslaw Recipe To Cook?
This dish cooks up quickly. It should take about 10-15 minutes to cook.
Is It Good For Children?
Yes. This recipe is good for children because it’s sweet, savory, tangy, and crunchy. It’s a good way to get your little ones to eat their veggies!
Is It Good For Pregnant Woman?
Yes. This recipe is good for pregnant women because it’s sweet, savory, crunchy, and high in iron. It also provides nutrients that are good for the baby.
Is It Good For Your Skin?
Yes. This recipe is good for your skin because it contains beetroot, which has been shown to promote healthy skin. It’s also a very good source of vitamin A.
Is It Good For Your Hair?
Yes. This recipe is good for your hair because it contains beets, which add a nice pinkish-red color to your hair and has been shown to promote better hair growth. It also provides many essential nutrients good for the body, such as iron and potassium.
What Are Alternatives Of Doug’s Fish Fry Coleslaw Recipe?
This is one of those recipes where you can interchange any vegetables with cabbage in the coleslaw mix with no issues! Try adding onions, carrots, or celery…
Can I Freeze It Doug’s Fish Fry Coleslaw Recipe?
Yes. This recipe can be frozen for later use. Please put it in a freezer bag and add some extra salt to prevent the texture from being soggy.
doug’s fish fry coleslaw recipe can be a great addition to any family meal. It’s also a great side dish for any party or gathering. It’s an easy recipe to make and can be adapted for children and pregnant women. It’s a healthy dish!