French Onion Soup Sandwich Recipe is a culinary invention, a feat of imagination and ingenuity which binds two beloved dishes into one ingenious sandwich. You do not need to be a cooking genius to make a french onion soup sandwich recipe!
Virtually everyone loves the french onion soup recipe, a richly flavored, savory dish made with beef stock, onions, and plenty of cheese. The French onion soup recipe is best served in the winter when it is cold outside, and you have piled on layers and layers of clothing to protect yourself from the biting winds.
What Is French Onion Soup Sandwich Recipe?
A French onion soup sandwich combines two distinct dishes, French onion soup, and grilled cheese sandwiches. A French onion sandwich is a toasted hamburger-type sandwich made with french onion soup, fried onions, cheese, and bacon.
How To Make French Onion Soup Sandwich Recipe?
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 4 slices of french bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
Step 1: Toast the bread in a skillet to golden color.
Step 2: Toast the bacon on a small non-stick skillet until crisp and brown.
Step 3: Melt butter and bacon fat over medium heat in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add in the sliced onions, season with dried mustard (optional), and salt to taste. Cook for about 15 minutes until the onions are translucent and golden brown. If you want extra crispy onion slices, drain them on a kitchen paper towel before serving.
Step 4: Layer the french onion soup on top of the grilled cheese, top with bacon, and cook in the oven for about ten minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Remove the pan from the oven and add cheese on top. Put back in the oven until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes). Serve while hot.
Nutrition Fact Of French Onion Soup Sandwich Recipe
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 34 gm
- Carbohydrates: 43 gm
- Protein: 20 gm
- Sodium: 870 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
7 Best Health Benefits Of French Onion Soup Sandwich Recipe
1. French onion soup sandwich recipe is a low-fat and low-calorie food high in protein, fiber, and iron.
2. French onion soup sandwich recipe is high in calcium, strengthening bones, providing healthy teeth, and strengthening your immune system.
3. French onion soup sandwich recipe is also high in Vitamin C, which can strengthen your body’s immune system and prevent stress since it ensures the proper functioning of your cells and boosts the body’s healing potential.
4. French onion soup sandwich recipe is a very healthy magnesium source, improving blood pressure and preventing chronic diseases.
5. French onion soup sandwich recipe is an excellent source of Choline, a B-complex vitamin that stabilizes your mood and helps you sleep well at night.
6. French onion soup sandwich is also good for kidney and bladder problems as it contains plenty of potassium, which helps purge the body of toxins and improves concentration and focus.
7. French onion soup sandwich recipe is also good for weight loss because it has a high protein content that aids in muscle growth and lowers the risk of cardiac ailments such as heart attack and stroke.
Is It Good For Children?
A French onion soup sandwich is not recommended for children since it has a high-fat content. Children who consume many calories will gain weight rapidly, leading to obesity. The grilled cheese sandwiches are an excellent source of protein and contain a high density of Vitamins A and B12 that can improve brain function.
Is It Good For Pregnant Woman?
French onion soup sandwich is not recommended for pregnant women because it has a high-fat content. Fat is an important element that aids in developing your baby’s brain and nervous system, but too much fat intake can lead to complications during childbirth.
Can I Freeze It?
You can freeze a french onion soup sandwich. Wrap each slice of bread in foil and place them in a freezer-friendly container. When you need to eat the french onion soup sandwich recipe, unwrap the slices of bread and put them in a toaster or under a grill (broiler) until golden brown.
The french onion soup sandwich recipe is a very healthy, low fat, high fiber, and high protein food that provides many essential nutrients. You can easily make this deliciously tasty recipe at home!