Fried Fish Bee Hoon Soup Recipe is a dish from Singapore. It can be eaten with a rice bowl or as a noodle soup.
The ingredients are simple, but the flavors are complex and robust. This is a delicious and popular dish to have as it is spicy with lots of fish flavor and fragrance in every bite.
What Is Fried Fish Bee Hoon Soup Recipe?
Fried fish bee hoon soup is a dish that is popular in Singapore. Frying the fish in a Peranakan style gives it an extra flavor, but the main ingredients are the same as original fried fish bee hoon.
The only difference is that instead of using dace (a type of freshwater fish), they use a whole steamed fish and serve it with gravy and Chinese celery.
How To Cook Fried Fish Bee Hoon Soup Recipe?
Easy and quick, Fried Fish Bee Hoon Soup Recipe is a delicious bowl of meal that fills and gives you energy throughout the day. What’s more, this Singaporean recipe is well-liked by children too.
It can be served with a rice bowl as a complete meal or as part of a dim sum. Most importantly, this recipe retains most of its nutrition, unlike other dishes cooked in oil or water.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- vegetable oil
- 1 fish, cleaned and cut into pieces
- about 3 cups water
- 2 stalks Chinese celery or 1 stalk of spring onions, chopped
- 2 slices ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup fish gravy (we used Hong Kong style)
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce (see recipe above) or ketchup sauce
- 1 egg
1. Heat a wok and add about 3 tablespoons of oil.
2. Put in the egg, season with salt and pepper, and scramble it till it is cooked but still wet. Set aside.
3. Heat the wok till very hot and add more oil, then fry the fish pieces till golden brown on both sides, about two minutes each side for thick fillets, one minute each side for thin fillets. Remove from wok to a plate and set aside.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the wok. Fry the Chinese celery and spring onions, stir until they are just roasted, and add the ginger, chili paste, oyster sauce, and fish gravy. Stir well to combine.
5. Add half a cup of water and bring to a boil, then remove from heat and set aside for about two minutes until the gravy thickens into a slick consistency.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the scrambled egg with a splash of soy sauce (see recipe above).
7. Pour the gravy into the wok along with the egg mixture. Stir well and bring to boil.
8. Add the fish pieces, season with salt and pepper, and simmer for a few minutes until fish is cooked through but still tender and moist. Serve immediately with rice or as part of serving dim sum at a restaurant.
Nutrition Fact Of Fried Fish Bee Hoon Soup Recipe
10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Fried Fish Bee Hoon Soup Recipe
1. Seafood is high in protein.
2. Fermented fish has live probiotics that help digestion and the immune system.
3. Seafood is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids and contains amino acids that help with brain function, strengthen the immune system, and fight off depression.
4. It is low in sodium, contains no cholesterol, and is rich in B vitamins, including vitamin B12 – high in energy, mental alertness, and memory retention.
5. It boosts the immune system.
6. It reduces blood pressure– a great aid for heart patients, particularly if they are hypertensive.
7. Reduces inflammation.
8. It contains vitamin B12 required for a healthy nervous system and brain development.
9. It is a good source of iron, essential for red blood cell production and iron absorption, and maintaining cardiac function.
10. Fish is good for the eyes as it contains vitamin A and D, both good for eye health.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Any seafood is good for heart patients as it is very low in sodium and cholesterol. Omega 3 fatty acids are a great anti-inflammatory agent and lower blood clotting, which is beneficial for heart patients.
Fish also contain high in vitamin D and B12, which are great for brain health and the nervous system and prevent depression.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
Fish or shellfish is a great source of protein, low in fat and high in iron which is important for diabetes because when the body does not produce enough insulin, the sugar level will rise.
How To Store Fried Fish Bee Hoon Soup Recipe?
In a refrigerator, after opening, seal tightly in an airtight container. Storing fish separately from other foods reduces the risk of contamination by bacteria. If you have leftovers at home after cooking, it’s best to freeze them before they get spoiled.
Is It Good For Children?
For children, this dish is a good source of protein and vitamins. Children will also love the taste of the dish.
Is It Good For the Elderly?
This dish is low in cholesterol, sodium, and saturated fat, making it a good choice for elders with cholesterol problems since they are major factors for heart disease.
Is It Good For Pregnant Woman?
This dish is rich in protein, which is good for pregnant women as it promotes fetal tissue growth. Also, it may help to prevent gestational diabetes.
Is It Good For Your Skin?
As we mentioned above, the fried fish bee, hoon soup recipe is high in protein. It also contains vitamin A and vitamin D, essential for healthy skin and growing bones.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Fried Fish Bee Hoon Soup Recipe?
As it is prepared from natural ingredients, it does not have any side effects except for the smell of the fish because of the strong odor. But you can mask the odor by using some spices such as pepper or ginger (or salt).
How To Serve Fried Fish Bee Hoon Soup Recipe?
This dish can be served hot or cold. It tastes great with steamed rice. Instead of rice, it can be served with steamed bread, pancakes, or noodles. We hope our fried fish bee hoon soup recipe is a favorite among everyone.
The fried fish bee hoon soup recipe is a good dish to serve your family and friends on a rainy day. It is an easy-to-cook recipe and a good protein source. It helps strengthen your immune system and nourishes your body and your brain. You can have it either hot or cold during summer days.