Fried Fish Matzo Meal Recipe is a traditional dish of Jewish cuisine. It consists of a fish soup with matzo balls typically served on Friday nights as a part of the Sabbath dinner. It usually contains small pieces of carrots, onions, and potatoes in the broth for added flavor.
What Is Fried Fish Matzo Meal Recipe?
The fried fish matzo meal recipe is a traditional Jewish dish floating around for centuries. This dish is often made on Friday night as a part of the Sabbath dinner, and it is served in the Chinese style with a light broth.
This fried fish matzo meal recipe consists of fried fish with matzos balls cooked together in a soup containing carrots, onions, and potatoes.
How To Make Fried Fish Matzo Meal Recipe?
Here is how you can make this fried fish matzo meal recipe in no time.
- 2 to 3 pounds fish (any kind is best)
- 2 sticks of celery, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1/4 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 3-inch lengths
- Three tablespoons canola oil for frying.
Step 1: Soak the matzos in the water while preparing the fish.
Step 2: Cut the fish into 3-inch pieces, then cut it into smaller pieces to fit into the pot.
Step 3: Cut the carrots, then set them aside.
Step 4: the potatoes and carrots in boiling water for about 15 to 20 minutes until soft and cooked through.
Step 5: Add celery, salt, and canola oil to your fish cooking oil in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid.
Step 6: Add the fish to the pot and cook on high heat for about 10 minutes.
Step 7: Add the carrots, potatoes, and celery to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes.
Step 8: Serve hot with matzo balls, parsley, and lemon slices.
Nutrition Fact Of Fried Fish Matzo Meal Recipe
|Total fat||6.9 g|
|Dietary fibers||1.5 g|
10 Health Benefits Of Fried Fish Matzo Meal Recipe
1. The fish is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids that support cardiovascular health and brain function, essential to a happy life.
2. It contains a high level of vitamin D, essential for healthy bones and muscles.
3. The potatoes are a powerhouse of nutrients, including potassium, vitamin B6 and iron. They also contain a moderate level of vitamin C, which helps fight against the free radicals.
4. This meal contains high protein levels that are essential for building and repairing body tissues and maintaining body functions like metabolism, blood clotting, and digestion.
5. The celery contains vitamin K, essential for blood clotting and healthy bones.
6. The carrots contain vitamin A, essential for vision health and eyesight.
7. This dish also contains moderate vitamin C levels, which help keep the heart healthy and protect against diseases like cancer and rheumatoid arthritis.
8. The digestive enzyme in potatoes called papain helps improve digestion by breaking down the protein in meats and other foods so that your body can absorb it easier while lowering chances of stomach upset.
9. This meal also contains high levels of potassium that can help maintain a healthy heart and reduce the risk of stroke.
10. This dish’s garlic, onions, and parsley contain natural anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties to promote overall health.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
It is not known if this meal is good for diabetics. However, since it contains high levels of protein, carbohydrates, and fats, it could be good for diabetics on a low-carb diet and have a low intake of fat in their diet.
Can Pregnant Women Eat Fried Fish Matzo Meal Recipe?
It is not recommended to eat this dish by pregnant women due to the high amount of carbs. This would be bad for pregnant women on a low-carb diet.
Is Fried Fish Matzo Meal Recipe Good For People Who Have High Blood Pressure?
The fried fish matzo meal recipe is not recommended for people with high blood pressure due to the high amount of sodium in the broth and celery. This could increase the risk of developing high blood pressure.
Is It Good For Children?
This dish is not recommended for children due to its high-calorie content, so you may want to avoid this meal if your child is overweight or obese. This meal consists of fried fish and potatoes high in calories.
How Long Will Fried Fish Matzo Meal Recipe Stay Good?
This dish will stay good in the fridge for up to 3 days when properly stored. Make sure that you store the broth and vegetables in a separate container from the fish to stay fresh if you want to eat them later.
Is It Good For Your Skin?
The high level of vitamins A, D, and K in this dish will help keep the skin clear and healthy for a long time. It also contains antioxidants that promote healthy skin by preventing free radicals from attacking the body.
Is Fried Fish Matzo Meal Recipe Good For Weight Loss?
This dish is not recommended for losing weight due to its high-calorie content even after subtracting the fiber content from it.
Is It Good For Your Hair?
This meal contains a high vitamin D level, which is good for healthy hair. This meal also contains vitamin C, which helps to keep the hair healthy and prevents the scalp from dryness and itchiness.
The fried fish matzo meal recipe is a great meal to enjoy with your family. It is simple to make but contains high fiber, protein, and vitamins. It is also packed with nutrients to feel full and satisfied after eating it.