Fried Fish Sambal Recipe is a simple yet delicious dish in Asia cuisine that can be found in any Malay who has a taste for cooking and a love for spices. The dish uses a variety of fresh spices to create a flavorful sauce that tastes delectable on top of fried fish.
Fried fish sambal is a spicy dish that uses seafood as the main ingredient. The recipe is similar to other popular Malay dishes like Rendang, Laksa, and Stir-fried noodles.
How To Make Fried Fish Sambal Recipe?
The fried fish sambal recipe is extremely simple to prepare. The main ingredient of fried fish sambal recipe is fresh seafood, but today many restaurants use frozen seafood instead of fresh seafood due to the high demand for their product and the limited supply of fresh seafood.
- 2 fresh or frozen fish fillets (about 600 grams), cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamarind extract (substituted with lemon juice)
- Two tablespoons of oil to fry the fish.
1. Dissolve tamarind by mixing it with water in a bowl.
2. Heat oil in a pan, fry shallot and garlic until translucent, then add the tamarind water and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the fish fillets and cook for about 2 minutes until the fish is cooked through. Season with salt if required to your liking; alternatively, you can also leave out the salt because this will help to create a different taste of fried fish sambal recipe.
4. Add two cups of water, cover tightly, and cook the fish for about 10 minutes until the water is reduced to half.
5. When the fish is cooked, blend with a blender until smooth. Place the sauce in a saucepan and set aside to cool.
6. Once cooled, place into a container and store in the fridge for up to three days. Serve with rice, noodles, or rice crackers.
7. This is an instant recipe that you can use for making fried fish sambal.
Nutrition Fact Of Fried Fish Sambal Recipe
10 Best Health Benefits Of Fried Fish Sambal Recipe
1. It is a great source of protein that our body needs.
2. It is an excellent way to increase lean muscle mass for your body.
3. It is a great source of calcium and vitamin B12 required by the body.
4. This dish is also a good source of vitamin A which is important for healthy skin and eyesight.
5. It is an excellent source of potassium and vitamin C required by the body.
6. It is a great way to control the blood sugar level in our body.
7. This dish is also a good source of vitamin E required by our body.
8. It is an excellent source of iron which plays a great role in immunity growth and cellular respiration to produce energy in your body.
9. There are many benefits from eating fried fish sambal recipe.
10. Fried fish sambal recipe is also good for a healthy heart.
Is It Good For Children?
Children, like adults, need to eat at least two portions of fish per week. It’s recommended but not compulsory that children eat oily fish like sardines, mackerel, and herring each week. If a child does not eat oily fish, they might be prone to developing eczema and asthma due to arachidonic acid content in fish.
Is It Good For Pregnant Woman?
Many pregnant women choose to eat fish to get the DHA that their baby needs. You should avoid eating undercooked fish during pregnancy due to the risk of transmitting Listeria to your baby.
For those who are worried about mercury levels in fish, tuna is considered safe for pregnant women because it’s rich in selenium (which is thought to lower mercury levels).
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Those who eat much fish are less likely to develop heart disease and stroke. Some types of fish, like salmon, contain omega-3 fatty acids, which help lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
Those who eat much fish are less likely to develop diabetes because they do not absorb as much sugar from their food and therefore have better control over the release of glucose into their bloodstream.
Is It Good For Weight Loss?
Fish can be a great weight-loss food if it’s not fried and you’re not eating too much of it. If you eat fish at least twice per week for six weeks, this could help to reduce your body fat by up to 2%. The protein in fish is also known to increase fullness and decrease appetite.
Is It Good For Athletes?
Fish can be especially beneficial for athletes, who need the complex carbohydrates found in seafood.
How To Serve Fried Fish Sambal Recipe?
This recipe can be served in a bowl as an instant meal. You can also serve it with rice, noodles, or rice crackers.
Can I Freeze Fried Fish Sambal Recipe?
The good thing about this recipe is that it’s very easy to make. You can freeze the sauce in an airtight container for up to three months.
It’s a tasty and healthy fried fish sambal recipe that you can eat with rice, noodles, or rice crackers. If you enjoyed the fried fish sambal recipe, you would love this oven-baked fish with garlic sauce.