Fried Snoek Fish Recipe is a traditional South African recipe perfect for entertaining. The recipe is super easy and can easily be made the day before.
Making fried snoek fish is a traditional South African dish that can be made the day before to ensure it has time to marinate. The fish is seasoned and then served with a creamy sauce with various vegetables and spices.
What Is Fried Snoek Fish Recipe?
Fried snoek fish recipe is a popular culinary creation of the South African people. Fried young Snoek fish marinated in milk, bread crumbs, and lemon juice.
The fish fillets are seasoned with salt and pepper or whatever your choice of seasoning may be. The fish is then fried to a golden brown before it’s placed on top of boiled vegetables and drizzled with a creamy sauce topped with sesame seeds.
How To Make?
Fried snoek fish recipe is easy and quick to make. The recipe requires the following ingredients to be prepared.
- 2 fresh Snoek fillets (about 600g)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- Three cups mixed veggies of your choice (I used carrots, beans, and peas) Cut into strips.
- 3 tsp sesame seeds for garnishing
- 2 cloves garlic Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp cumin powder or regular brown sugar (optional)
1. Wash and dry the Snoek fish fillets.
2. Cut into 1″ pieces.
3. Put the Snoek in a bowl and season with 1 tsp salt, pepper, lemon juice, and milk.
4. Coat the Snoek with bread crumbs and leave for an hour or two in the fridge to marinate and absorb the flavors of all ingredients.
5. Heat the oil in a pan.
6. Put the Snoek in the hot oil and cook until golden brown.
7. Put the Snoek into a large mixing bowl with 3 cups of mixed vegetables of your choice, sesame seeds, and garlic cloves.
8. Pour 2 tbsp of vegetable oil over the snoek and mix well to get a crispy coating.
9. Toss the snoek to coat completely before serving with 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and chopped parsley.
10 Amazing Health Benefits
1. Fried snoek fish recipe contains protein, calcium, and iron, especially for growing children.
2. Fried snoek fish recipe is one of the most recommended recipes for expectant mothers giving birth in winter. It assists in delivering a healthy baby by increasing the blood flow to the placenta and umbilical cord.
3. Fried snoek fish recipe is high in Vitamins A, B, and D, which is good for a healthy immune system.
4. Fried snoek fish recipe can help reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
5. Fried snoek fish recipe contains Omega 3 fatty acids, which play an important role in lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of a heart attack.
6. Fried snoek fish recipe is a good source of protein, very high in iron which pregnant women need to help their bodies produce enough blood for the baby.
7. Fried snoek fish recipe can assist in the immune system, especially young children, by building strong bones and nerves.
8. Fried snoek fish recipe can help reduce the risk of cancer of the digestive system as it contains zinc and calcium, which boost the immune system against cancerous cells.
9. Fried snoek fish recipe can help prevent strokes in the elderly by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
10. The Fried snoek fish recipe contains high levels of folic acid and B vitamins, important for healthy brain development.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Most seafood is a healthy food choice, so fried snoek fish is good for heart patients. Fried snoek fish uses very little oil and is deep-fried in vegetable oil with a high smoke point and a neutral taste.
It does not produce any carcinogens, whereas other oils with higher fat content do. In addition, the hot oven heats the water inside the fish, continuing to expel its natural juices without drying out the flesh.
Is It Good For Children?
Fried snoek fish recipe is an excellent meal for children. It provides them with all the nutrients they require to grow well and stronger. The recipe is a good source of protein, calcium, and iron, essential building blocks to their healthy development.
Is It Good For Pregnant Woman?
A pregnant woman can enjoy a fried snoek fish recipe. This recipe contains folic acid and B vitamins which are very good for the healthy development of the placenta, umbilical cord, and fetus.
Is It Good For Senior Citizens?
Fried snoek fish recipe is an excellent meal for senior citizens as it contains high levels of iron, which helps prevent iron deficiency, leading to tiredness, shortness of breath, and dizziness.
Can I Make Changes To This Recipe?
Yes, you can make any changes to this recipe as long as it meets the required nutritional requirements of a balanced meal.
Fried snoek fish is a popular dish mostly eaten in the winter months as it is high in vitamin D and calcium, which play a crucial role in maintaining healthy bones and preventing rickets. The meal can be eaten alone or with starchy carbohydrates like potato or rice.
How To Serve Fried Snoek Fish Recipe?
Fried snoek fish recipe is a delicious meal for the family or a party. It can be served with boiled vegetables or starchy carbohydrates like rice.
For a party, you could use different types of vegetables. Also, ensure your fried snoek fish recipe dish has plenty of fresh herbs like parsley and dill so that it is full of flavor.
Can I Freeze Fried Snoek Fish Recipe?
Yes, the fried snoek fish recipe can be frozen for up to 8 months. Make sure you use freezer-friendly containers and wrap the fish properly before freezing. You can also prepare the fried snoek fish recipe the night before to save time.
Fried snoek fish recipe is a delicious recipe for the family or a party. It’s also suitable for young children and pregnant women.
The meal can be eaten alone or with starchy carbohydrates like rice. The meal is very high in iron which is essential for pregnant women to help their bodies produce enough blood to deliver a healthy baby.