Goan Fish Fry Recipe is a traditional dish that is a part of goan cuisine and is mostly found in goa.
The dish has Portuguese influences but uses ingredients and spices from India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, and China. The dish is very popular in Goa, and it is quite easy to make.
What Is Goan Fish Fry Recipe?
Goan fish fry recipe is often referred to as a minha fish fry. The dish is prepared by deep-frying fish paste.
The preparation also involves using spices and condiments such as turmeric, red chili, coriander leaves, garlic, and coconut, apart from the fish paste, other ingredients like vegetables like potatoes, cauliflower, green peas, etc., which are fried together in the same oil and added to the dish for taste.
How To Make Goan Fish Fry Recipe?
The dish is quite easy to make. The ingredients are fried, and the fish paste is mixed with dry spices, coriander leaves, green peas, and other ingredients. The fish paste is then added to the vegetables.
- 250 kg of fish (can be cleaned and cut into the desired shape)
- 1 cup coconut powder
- 10 medium potatoes
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 2 medium onions
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 small pieces of ginger
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
1. Start by frying the fish paste with coconut oil for about 10 minutes. Fry until brown and transfer it to a bowl.
2. Now, take a wok and add more oil if necessary. Add ginger, garlic, and onions to it. Fry for about 4 minutes and add the potatoes, green peas, and turmeric powder (add red chili powder if desired).
3. Once the potatoes are soft, transfer them to the fish paste bowl add salt to taste. Add coriander leaves now.
4. Pour the coconut oil again and add water to it. Let them boil in the wok.
5. After this, make a small hole in the middle of the fish paste (in the curry) and remove all the spices.
6. Take this fish curry and place it directly on hot oil (without any water ).
7. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until it is crisp.
8. Place it back in the bowl.
9. Serve it with roti, rice, and a side salad with this Goan fish fry recipe.
Nutrition Fact Of Goan Fish Fry Recipe
10 Health Benefits Of Goan Fish Fry Recipe
1. Goan fish fry recipe is an excellent source of protein essential for the body.
2. It is rich in omega 3 fatty acid, which helps in reducing risk factors for cardiovascular diseases.
3. It also contains vitamin A and C, which help maintain the body’s immune system.
4. The presence of iron will help maintain red blood cell production and prevent anemia.
5. Goan fish fry recipe is rich in calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium, which helps maintain healthy bones and teeth.
6. It is rich in potassium, which helps regulate the body’s blood pressure.
7. The presence of vitamin B6 will help convert food into adenosine triphosphate (ATP), an important source for cell metabolism.
8. It contains zinc, which helps maintain a healthy reproductive system, skin, hair, and nails.
9. Goan fish fry recipe is rich in selenium which will help in preventing various cancers.
10. It also contains vitamin A, which helps maintain a healthy immune system and skin.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Yes, the Goan fish fry recipe is good for heart patients. The omega 3 fatty acid present in it helps to reduce the risk factors associated with cardiovascular diseases.
Is It Good For Diabetes?
Goan fish fry recipe is a healthy dish containing many vegetables that will decrease blood sugar levels. However, having one serving once a week will work well for diabetes patients.
Is It Good For Cancer Patients?
The Goan fish fry recipe contains many ingredients to help reduce cancer risk. The presence of ginger and turmeric will help to fight off various cancers.
Therefore, the goan fish fry recipe is a healthy dish for those diagnosed with or at risk of cancer.
Is It Good For Pregnant Woman?
Goan fish fry recipe is a healthy dish that will help maintain a healthy pregnancy both during and after. The presence of vitamin A and various other vitamins will help maintain a healthy pregnancy.
Is It Good For Infants?
The Goan fish fry recipe is a healthy dish that will help the child’s growth and development. It is a good source of iron and calcium, which are essential for the growth and development of young children.
Is It Good For Elderly People?
The Goan fish fry recipe contains many ingredients to help maintain a healthy heart, bones, and teeth among older adults.
Is It Good For Weight Loss?
The Goan fish fry recipe is a healthy dish that will help maintain a healthy body weight. The presence of potatoes, ginger, and coconut oil will help lose excess fat from the body.
Is it good for heart patients? Yes, the Goan fish fry recipe is good for heart patients as the omega 3 fatty acid present in it helps reduce risk factors with cardiovascular diseases.
Is It Good For Your Skin?
Yes, the Goan fish fry recipe is a good source of vitamin A, which helps maintain healthy skin. It also contains vitamin C, which helps maintain the skin’s immune system.
How To Store Goan Fish Fry Recipe?
It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days. However, if it is refrigerated, make sure to heat it at least for about ten minutes before serving. It can also be frozen and stored in the freezer for months.
Goan fish fry recipe is a delicious and healthy dish that provides many health benefits. It is easy to prepare and can easily be made at home.
Coconut oil helps make the fish fry crispier and tasty, do try it out with your next Goan fish fry recipe at home. Follow this blog for more awesome recipes like this Goan fish fry recipe.