Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich Recipe is an easy, elegant, and dairy-free sandwich perfect for a grilling event or just a warm summer day. Grilled pimento cheese sandwich recipe is amazing but can also be used as an appetiser before any barbecue! Enjoy this recipe on those days when you don’t have a lot of time. It will take 20 minutes to prepare; the rest of the time is waiting for your barbecue to heat up.
How To Make Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 Sandwiches
- 2 slices of bread of your choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound (500g) pimento cheese
- 1 cup (120g) grated white cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- 4-6 slices of bacon of your choice, sliced into half-inch (1.25cm) strips
Step 1: Prepare your barbecue by heating it to 450F (230C).
Step 2: In a small bowl, mix the cooked bacon, bread and salt, and pepper.
Step 3: Drizzle each sandwich with some olive oil.
Step 4: Spread the pimento cheese onto each slice of bread, followed by the grated cheddar cheese.
Step 5: Place the sandwiches onto your barbecue and cook for two-three minutes on each side until golden brown.
Step 6: Serve immediately with your favorite condiments.
Nutrition Fact Of Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- Calories: 408.2
- Carbohydrates: 8.1 g
- Protein: 17.0 g
- Fat: 36.8 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 717.8 mg
Health Benefits Of Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich Recipe
It is low in calories, and it consists of healthy fats. This food contains beneficial vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, aiding the body’s functions. This food contains vitamin B12, vitamin E, niacin, and riboflavin.
7 Amazing Freezing Ideas For Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich Recipe
1. Wrap the leftover sandwich in plastic food wrap, place it in a bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
2. You can also slice it into smaller pieces and place them in an airtight container or wrap them with aluminum foil so you can warm them up later when needed.
3. When choosing a frozen grilled pimento cheese sandwich, you can wrap it with wax paper.
4. Wrap it in foil and place it in your freezer. It can last up to 6 months in an airtight container.
5. You can also freeze the melted cheese without bread; this way, you will be able to make a grilled cheese sandwich at any given time!
6. Wrap the extra sandwiches in aluminum foil, place them in a freezer bag and freeze them until ready to eat.
7. When the time comes for a BBQ, place all the extras in the freezer. When ready to eat, place them on the grill and heat them!
Pimento Cheese Sandwich Origin
The Pimento cheese sandwich is an American invention from the Piedmont area of Georgia. It was first created at the request of Mrs.
Marcella Niederhofer wanted her cook to create a cheese spread containing pimentos, which were native to Georgia. The original recipe called for extra sharp cheddar and cream cheese, but today it can contain different types of cheeses and mayonnaise.
What Goes Good With Pimento Cheese?
Pimento cheese goes well with most types of slices of bread and sandwiches. You can also serve it as an appetizer with crackers or a sandwich with fresh greens.
This is a very simple and easy way to prepare a light meal for your family or friends. If you are unsure what type of wine to drink with pimento cheese, try Pinot Noir, which will complement the cheese flavors.
Can You Make Pimento Cheese Sandwich The Night Before?
Yes, I make pimento cheese a few hours before serving and place it in the fridge. I do this because the pimento cheese spreads easier in the sandwich when it is cold. If you want to make the pimento cheese sandwich the night before, do not make it too thick; place some raw egg yolk on top and wrap it airtight.
If you want to make a pimento cheese sandwich at home, then this grilled pimento cheese sandwich recipe is all that you need. Use your imagination, add some of your favorite ingredients and enjoy it with a cool drink on a warm summer day!