Halwa Fish Fry Recipe is a delicious and nutritious dish popular among the Arab people. This dish has a lot of nutrients, and the spices used in this recipe have a bitter taste that balances perfectly with the sweetness of the halwa.
This dish is famous for its taste and colour; it appears as if it’s been made from gold.
What Is Halwa Fish Fry Recipe?
This recipe is a combination of Halwa and Fish fry. It is normally served with some fried pieces of Paratha during Ramadan, along with some other side dishes.
From an outsider’s perspective, the halwa fish fry recipe looks complicated, but it takes less time to cook than halwa. The halwa is prepared in advance and needs to be cooked on the fire until it passes the consistency or is hard.
How To Make Halwa Fish Fry Recipe?
The preparation of halwa fish fry is easy, with a little bit of patience. Here is a step by step recipe to make this delicious dish:
- 1 pound halwa
- 1 cup poha (Crisp rice)
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- oil to grease and fry the fish
1. Take the halwa and put it in a fine-mesh strainer mild.
2. Take about a cup of water and pour it over the filter’s halwa to make it soft. You can add some milk or any other liquid to soften the Halwa, too, if you want, but make sure that you don’t add too much liquid so that you don’t end up with an overly soft Halwa.
3. Grease a pan with oil, add the halwa, stir well, and let it cook until all the water is absorbed. It takes less than 10 minutes.
4. Take a bowl, pour 3 tablespoons of corn flour, and mix it with some water. Pour this mixture over the halwa, continue stirring, cook to make sure that the Halwa is completely cooked; otherwise, you may end up with a burnt Halwa. It takes less than 5 minutes to finish cooking if you cook it on low heat.
5. Take the fried fish pieces, halwa, and the poha (crisp rice) and layer it on a big plate. Serve hot with a chutney or some sauce.
Nutritional Fact Of Halwa Fish Fry Recipe
|Total fat||0.5 gram|
|Saturated fat||0 gram|
|Total carbohydrate||102.4 grams|
10 Best Health Benefits Of Halwa Fish Fry Recipe
1. It is a delicious and healthy dish.
2. It helps improve digestion as it is a good source of fiber.
3. It improves the blood circulation in the body and supplies plenty of proteins and iron to your bones and muscles.
4. It contains lots of vitamins B, C, and A. Therefore, it provides enough energy to the body that we need for daily activities, helping to keep our minds clear, clearing the skin, and preventing hair loss.
5. It has low carbs and fat content, making it a good option for people on a diet.
6. Halwa fish fry recipe provides lots of protein, iron, and vitamins C and B, which are essential for growing children to help them stay healthy.
7. It boosts your body’s metabolism while it contains no cholesterol or saturated fats at all.
8. It is a good source of potassium, phosphorus, and calcium that helps build strong bones and reduce the risk of developing arthritis.
9. It helps improve digestion, preventing constipation and other digestive disorders.
10. It’s very delicious, filling, and a good source of vitamins B, A, C, and minerals like calcium, phosphorous, and potassium.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
According to nutritionists and dieticians, a halwa fish fry is a good option for heart patients if they take this recipe in moderation. Halwa fish fry recipe contains plenty of fiber and protein that helps lower blood pressure. It’s also very easy on the stomach.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
It’s a well-known fact that diabetic patients need to eat high fiber, protein, and low fat. Halwa fish fry recipe contains all the ingredients that people with diabetes need and can thus be a good option.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Halwa fish fry recipe is not suitable for pregnant women. Although it has plenty of nutrients, you are better off eating something else during pregnancy as this recipe contains plenty of oil which may not be good at that time.
Is It Good For Children?
According to nutritionists and dieticians, it’s good for children as children need more protein and fiber than adults. It’s also very easy to digest for them.
Is It Good For Weight Loss?
Halwa fish fry recipe is not good for weight loss as it contains plenty of calories, fat, and carbohydrates. While it’s a healthy dish, you will burn extra calories just by eating it.
Is It Good For Skin?
Fish fry is a fried dish that is most famous for its spices. Curry leaves, fenugreek seeds, turmeric, and red chili powder are often used in Tamil recipes.
Tamarind, green chilies, and garlic are also added to the mix. While the mix of spices is a wonderful idea, the reason behind this is that it may have great effects on your skin.
Why Is Halwa Fish Fry Recipe So Popular?
The halwa fish fry recipe is extremely popular because of its unique taste, delicious flavor, and appearance. It is a special dish only prepared during Ramadan or on other important occasions.
How To Serve Halwa Fish Fry?
This dish can be served during Iftar (breaking the fast), lunch, or dinner. According to the standard Arab dishes, it has to be served with plain yogurt, pickles, pariah (fried bread), falafel, and olives.
Can I Freeze Halwa Fish Fry Recipe?
You can easily freeze the halwa fish fry recipe by taking it out of the fridge at least 1 hour before serving. Please put it in an airtight container and keep it in the freezer.
When you want to serve it, please take out a serving and thaw it out by placing the container in cold water so that the halwa fish fry can be heated again.
Halwa fish fry is a traditional dish prepared overnight and served during the Iftar (breaking fast). It’s a very yummy and healthy dish that contains many nutrients and proteins for a healthy diet.
The halwa fish fry recipe makes headlines in the foodie circle because of its beautiful appearance. It’s an exotic Indian-inspired dish with many flavours, spices, and benefits. I hope you like this halwa fish fry recipe as much as I do.