Chinese Hamburger Bun Recipe is a type of bun that is very popular in Asia and is cooked with a ground meat patty. This bun is a staple dish in Chinese restaurants across the globe.
There are some variations on what kinds of buns are used for burgers. For example, some may use bread dough that will not result in the same texture as the bun made from ground pork or beef.
What Is Chinese Hamburger Bun Recipe?
This type of bun can be a great addition to your daily meal plan. It gives you the right amount of nutrients and protein and a nice amount of carbohydrates which will give you energy for most of the day.
You can make this bun with just ground beef or pork, or if you choose to make it healthier, go ahead and add some vegetables like onion, celery, or carrots. When cooking this bun, it is important not to overcook the meat since that will result in a less desirable texture.
How To Make Chinese Hamburger Bun Recipe?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 25 minutes
- 1 cup of plain flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of ground beef or ground pork
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg yolk and milk to it. Combine this until it becomes smooth.
3. Add the ground beef or pork to this mixture then knead until all ingredients are well incorporated. Be sure not to over mix since this can result in a tough bun later on.
4. Use a rolling pin to roll this mixture to about ¾ of an inch thickness. Place this on a parchment paper-lined broiling pan.
5. Broil the buns for about 8 minutes, then check on them and cook until it turns golden brown (This is the step where you will be able to see the texture of how your bun turned out like).
6. Let this cool for about 10 minutes before eating it.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Fact Of Chinese Hamburger Bun Recipe
7 Best Health Benefits Of Chinese Hamburger Bun Recipe
1. Reduces Heart Disease Risk – This bun is a good source of saturated fat. It is believed that some saturated fat can help maintain your heart health.
2. Improves Blood Circulation – A Chinese hamburger bun recipe contains the right amount of carbohydrates which can help improve the blood flow in your body.
3. Promotes Weight Loss – Magnesium and other nutrients in this bun help suppress your appetite, so you eat less and lose weight.
4. Can Remove Toxins from Your Body – Beets are one of the vegetables used in this recipe. It is known to cleanse your liver and remove toxins from your body.
5. Maintains Bone Health – In this bun, you can find the right amount of Vitamin K needed to promote bone health in men and women.
6. Provides Energy – A Chinese hamburger bun recipe contains protein and carbohydrates that release energy into your body when your system digests.
7. Can Help Protect Against Cancer – A great source of Vitamin C can help detoxify carcinogens in your body and reduce your risk of developing cancer.
Is It Good For Children?
The Chinese hamburger bun recipe is a dish that is ideal for children as long as they are eating a balanced diet. To get the health benefits of this dish, it is best to add vegetables like onion and carrots to it.
How Much Calories In Chinese Hamburger Bun Recipe?
A Chinese hamburger bun recipe contains about 140 calories. This amount of calories depends on the ingredients used when cooking this dish. Adding vegetables and reducing the amount of beef or pork will result in fewer calories per serving.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
This recipe is suitable for pregnant women since it contains no preservatives and is low in sodium. This can prevent heartburn and other pregnancy complications.
Can Chinese Hamburger Bun Recipe Help In Weight Loss?
The main ingredients in this dish are vegetables which will reduce the amount of fat that your body absorbs. This dish can provide energy as long as you eat it in moderation.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
Chinese hamburger bun recipe also contains fiber, which is said to help lower blood sugar levels. In addition, the beet in this recipe is considered a low glycemic index vegetable.
This will help regulate your blood sugar levels and prevent you from experiencing spikes that can lead to diabetes. This dish is excellent for non-diabetics since this contains no added sugars.
Can I Freeze Chinese Hamburger Bun Recipe?
The bun is best eaten right away to enjoy the taste and texture. While you can freeze this dish, it will not taste as fresh.
How To Serve Chinese Hamburger Bun Recipe?
This dish is usually served on a hamburger. It can be eaten in other ways, though.
Some people like to place this bun over a bun with mayonnaise or mustard and ketchup. Others will place this on their plate as a substitute for the usual bread usually served during meals.
The Chinese hamburger bun recipe is a delicious snack or meal. You can make it in less than an hour, and your family will be very satisfied with the taste of this dish.