Hmong Beef Recipes are a stir fry dish made with beef, vegetables, and herbs. This Hmong beef recipe has just a few ingredients, plus it can be made very quickly in a wok or pan on top of your stovetop.
The cooking method for this dish can be modified depending on how you like it cooked before serving it up to your family and friends.
The special part about this beef recipe is turmeric, which is a spice that gives this meal an orange-yellow color. In Vietnam and other Southeast Asia, turmeric is used as a staple ingredient in many dishes.
What Is Hmong Beef Recipes?
This Hmong beef recipes is also called Hmong stir-fry. It is a traditional dish that can be found throughout Southeast Asia.
The word “stir fry” means to fry the ingredients in a pan with a small amount of oil or no oil at all. Some of the ingredients used can include garlic, green onions, and red bell peppers.
How To Make Hmong Beef Recipes?
This particular Hmong beef recipes is a simple one that you can make at home. You will need to start with a thick cut of beef steak.
- 300g of beef steak
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- Four stalks of celery are diced into small pieces or chopped. (Be careful not to overcook the onion and celery.)
1. Add a pinch of turmeric to the beef and mix well.
2. Add a little bit of oil to the pan.
3. Add the onions, garlic, bell peppers, and sauté for about 5 minutes until tender and orange in color, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
4. Add the salt, beef, and rice vinegar to taste.
5. Mix everything well together slowly without blending at first otherwise, you will splatter the oil around on your stovetop instead of mixing it into your beef.
6. Let simmer for about 10 minutes to let the beef cook and thicken the sauce a little bit.
7. Serve over your favorite rice noodles.
Nutrition Fact Of Hmong Beef Recipes
10 Health Benefits Of Hmong Beef Recipes
1. The high powder provides anti-cancer properties, which can help to prevent cancer.
2. The paprika powder has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to relieve arthritis and rheumatism.
3. It also has vitamin B6, which is needed for the normal functioning of the nervous system and production of cerebrospinal fluid in our brain and spinal cord, and chemical processes involved in energy production.
4. This recipe is loaded with iron, which helps maintain healthy blood, muscle tissue, and hemoglobin levels.
5. Red pepper has vitamin C and E, which can help to delay the graying of hair, strengthen capillaries, and be used for other skincare.
6. The turmeric in this recipe can help to relieve stomach pain, bloating, heartburn, Acne, and other skin problems.
7. Turmeric has been shown to treat arthritis symptoms such as inflammation and joint pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
8. Turmeric is also a natural blood thinner and can help prevent strokes.
9. Turmeric can reduce inflammation in the body and improve digestion by promoting the normal growth of immune cells.
10. This recipe is always a good choice to include in your diet. This dish’s regular consumption can help you maintain a healthy weight and lower the risk of many age-related diseases such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Is It Good For Children?
This dish is a good choice for children because it is low in fat. Generally, children do not need to consume as much fat as adults, especially those under the age of 2 or 3 years old.
It is recommended that parents limit the amount of fat in their children’s diet to less than 30% of total calories. This can be achieved by replacing some fat in a meal with healthy vegetables and fruits.
Is It Good For Pregnant Woman?
This dish is good for pregnant women because it is low in fat, which can help to maintain a healthy weight for both mother and baby. In addition, this dish is high in fiber and protein.
Such ingredients can help improve the expectant mother’s health by eliminating unpleasant symptoms like nausea and indigestion.
Is It Good For Your Skin?
The natural turmeric powder in this Hmong beef recipe contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce inflammation and swelling of the skin. Turmeric has been shown to improve skin health and treat Acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
Is It Good For Your Hair?
The red pepper and turmeric powder in this recipe are rich in vitamin C, which can help to improve the overall health of your hair. They can be used as a natural remedy for dry hair and dandruff.
Can I Freeze Hmong Beef Recipes?
Yes, you can freeze Hmong beef recipes. However, this dish will taste differently when you reheat it in the oven or grill after thawing.
Before cooking, wrap the ingredients together with aluminum foil to freeze this recipe. After cooking, let the mixture cool down before covering it with aluminum foil and freezing it.
Later on, when you want to reheat this dish, remove the aluminum foil and cook for about 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit (93 degrees Celsius) or until warm.
This Hmong beef recipe is a simple one that you can easily prepare at home. You will need to start with a thick cut of beef steak. Then, you can follow the easy steps listed above to make this dish.
You can easily adjust the ingredients in this recipe to your taste. This dish can be paired with a variety of side dishes that you choose. Enjoy!