Kerala Fish Fry Recipe is a traditional dish from Kerala cuisine. Fish is marinated and deep-fried in spicy rice flour and fresh spices.
These are some of the most popular dishes across India with huge variations in taste, and the recipe for this dish is no different.
What Is Kerala Fish Fry Recipe?
Fish fry Kerala recipe is a popular dish from Kerala prepared by marinating the fish in some spices.
The fish is then deep-fried and served with some tempering and chutneys of your choice. This is an authentic Kerala fish fry recipe, which can be made at home.
How To Make Kerala Fish Fry Recipe?
Marinate the fish with the marinating ingredients. Make a batter with rice flour fresh spices, and mix water to get a thick batter. Cook them on a hot Tawa; it will take 5-10 mins to cook from both sides.
- 200 g tali fish(cobia)
- ½ cup rice flour,( idiyappam flour)
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 green chilies, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for frying fish
- One teaspoon mustard ( rai / sarson) seeds for tempering fish fry.
- 2 -3 curry leaves (Kadi Patta) for garnishing,
1. Wash the fish thoroughly, remove any bones and slit the top of the fish to allow excess oil to drain out.
2. In a bowl, mix the chopped onion with ginger garlic paste, green chilies, and salt (to taste).
3. Rub the fish with this mixture evenly on both sides and leave it aside for 10 mins.
4. Heat coconut oil in a pan and deep fry the marinated fish until it turns golden brown on both sides.
5. When the fish are half cooked, take them out on absorbent paper and put them in a bowl.
6. In the same pan, add mustard seeds and keep them moving for half a minute before adding curry leaves. The mustard seeds should start spluttering, and you will get the aroma of curry leaves while they are frying.
7. Pour the tempering over the fish, mix in well and serve it with idiyappam, parotta, or rice.
Nutrition Fact Of Kerala Fish Fry Recipe
15 Amazing Health Benefits Of Kerala Fish Fry Recipe
1. Good for health.
2. Good for digestion and stomach problems.
3. Dietary supplement.
4. Helps in weight loss.
5. Prevents heart diseases.
6. Prevents cancer.
7. Good for skin and hair care.
8. Stops aging and wrinkles .
9. Good for the eyesight, burns fat very fast.
10. Boosts immunity.
11. Helps in stress, depression, and fatigue.
12. Helps in lower blood pressure.
13. Good for diabetes, heart problems, and cough.
14. Good for pregnant mothers, helps in labor pain.
15. Good for eczema, psoriasis, and itching skin.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
Yes, fish is a heart-friendly food and can even be considered a cardiac diet’s main source. Fish is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and other essential nutrients for the heart.
Is It Good For Children?
Fish contains high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, and vitamin B-12, essential in growing children. It also has lean protein.
Is It Suitable For Diabetics?
Fish is good for people with diabetes as it controls blood sugar levels. It is also a good source of dietary cholesterol and protein.
Is It Good For Cancer Patients?
Cancer patients can consume fish without any worries as fish’s fatty acids help cure and control the disease.
Is It Good For Epilepsy?
Fish is considered effective in halting seizures and is also a vitamin B-12 that keeps the brain healthy and active.
Is It Good For Ulcer?
Fish is a good source of omega-3, protein, calcium, and iron essential for a healthy stomach. Additionally, it provides copper, which helps heal ulcers from the inside.
Is It Good For Weight Loss?
Fish is a source of lean protein and helps in strengthening the muscles. It is also a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids, reducing weight by reducing fat and growing muscle mass.
Is It Good For Skin And Hair Care?
Fish oil is important for the health of the skin and hair as it protects them from infection, sun exposure, pollution, and other causes of premature aging.
Is It Good For Eyesight?
Fish is a rich source of vitamin A that acts as an antioxidant. It also has a high amount of copper that helps in maintaining vision.
Is It Good For Anemia?
Fish is a rich source of iron that prevents blood deficiency by producing red blood cells that carry oxygen from the lungs to all body parts. It also prevents anemic-related diseases like dizziness, fatigue, headaches, and pale skin.
Is It Good For Pregnant Woman?
Fish is good for pregnant women as it contains vitamin B-6, protein, vitamin B-12, and omega-3 fatty acids essential in the fetus’s development.
Can I Freeze Kerala Fish Fry Recipe?
You can freeze the battered fish after it has cooled down completely. Wrap it in a paper and then a foil layer before storing it in the freezer.
If you want to freeze the curry, you will have to store the curry in an airtight container and freeze it. Please take out the curry 20 mins before serving as it thaws faster than the fish.
Fish is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals and has low fat. This dish is an excellent diet for people who wish to reduce weight.
Kerala fish fry recipe is also good for pregnant people as it contains high amounts of nutrients that are essential in fetal development.If you don’t like to use rice flour, you can make it with maids instead. So dig this Kerala fish fry recipe and surprise your family and friends with a healthy but tasty dish.