Koliwada Fish Fry Recipe is a traditional and delicious fish recipe in a spicy marinade of flavors.
This fish fry can be eaten as a side dish with rice or chapathi either at breakfast or lunch. This fish preparation can be done easily at home.
What Is Koliwada Fish Fry Recipe?
Koliwada fish fry recipe is a fish marinade made with ginger, chili, salt, and garlic. Koliwada Kanda fry is one of the best fishes in Mumbai.
In Maharashtra, this fish preparation is also known as kandi pedha or kandi mura. Koliwada fish is served as a snack on special occasions and with puffed rice or poha ( Flattened rice) and pickle and chutneys.
How To Make Koliwada Fish Fry Recipe?
Koliwada fish fry is a traditional and delicious fish recipe in a spicy marinade of flavors. This fish can be eaten as a side dish with rice or chapathi either at breakfast or lunch. This preparation can be done easily at home.
- Fish fillet – 1 lb
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Green chilies – 2
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 3-4 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
1. Soak the fish fillet in water for 20 minutes.
2. Marinate the fish fillet with salt, red chili, and garlic paste for 3 hrs.
3. Take a nonstick pan, add oil, and heat it. Add the marinade and stir fry till the fish turns pink and becomes tender.
4. In a small bowl, add garam masala powder, turmeric, chopped coriander leaves, green chilies and ginger paste, salt, red chili powder to this mixture and mix well.
5. Remove from fire, add the chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice as a side dish with pickle
Nutrition Fact Of Koliwada Fish Fry Recipe
|Calories from fat||15cal|
|Total Fat||2 gm|
|Saturated fat||1 gm|
10 Health Benefits Of Koliwada Fish Fry Recipe
1. Fish is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids; fish oil has been shown to help reduce joint pain decrease your risk of heart diseases and cancer.
2. The protein in fish helps our body build muscles, thus reducing muscle fatigue and soreness.
3. Fish contains almost no fat and is cholesterol-free, thus avoiding the risk of heart disease associated with high cholesterol levels.
4. It is rich in minerals like zinc and magnesium, which help strengthen the immune system.
5. The fish is a good source of vitamin B12, vitamin D, and many other vitamins.
6. It helps to prevent and control bladder and prostate cancer.
7. Fish is also rich in calcium, which helps strengthen the bones and teeth and prevent premature aging.
8. Omega 3 fatty acids help to maintain cardiovascular health.
9. Fish is also a good source of iron, which helps prevent anemia, especially in women and the elderly.
10. Fish is a good source of vitamin B6, folic acid, and vitamin B12; all these vitamins help pregnant women prevent neural tube defects in infants.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
Fish is good for people with diabetes as it does not raise blood glucose levels. It is rich in protein and low in fat, making fish an ideal food for diabetes. Fish also helps to reduce cholesterol levels in the body.
How Many Calories Does It Contain?
Koliwada fish fry does not contain many calories as it is low in fat and cholesterol. It contains 213 calories per serving, making it a good dish for weight watchers.
Is It Good For The Heart?
Koliwada fish fry is rich in calcium, which prevents calcification of arteries. (Calcification is a sign of disease). It also contains vitamins B12 and D. It thus helps to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
Is It Good For Our Bones?
Fish is also very rich in boron, which helps to strengthen our bones and teeth. Fish helps to prevent premature aging too.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
Vitamin D in fish is important for preventing neural tube defects in infants. Fish is low in fat and will not raise blood glucose levels, thus making it ideal for pregnant women. Pregnant women should eat 8-12 oz of fish twice a week.
Is It Good For Children?
Fish is rich in protein and low in fat, making it an ideal food for children. Fish also provides the required omega 3 fatty acids for brain development.
Is It Good For Weight Watchers?
Koliwada fish fry does not contain high calorie and fat content, making it a perfect dish for weight watchers. Fish provides us with all the essential nutrients necessary to maintain good health.
Is It Good For Your Skin?
Fish is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which can help to prevent hair loss and reduce acne. It is also good for maintaining skin tone and prevents aging signs on the skin.
Eating fish is good for your skin as it provides essential nutrients to maintain a healthy skin tone.
Is It Good For The Eyes?
Fish is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which helps maintain retina health and prevents age-related macular degeneration. It also helps to fight cataracts which result in blindness.
How To Serve Koliwada Fish Fry Recipe?
Koliwada fish fry recipe is best served with rice or poha. It can also be served as an accompaniment during lunch or dinner in the company of vegetables and pickles. Koliwada fry is made on special occasions and considered auspicious.
Can I Freeze Koliwada Fish Fry Recipe?
Koliwada fish fry recipe can be frozen for 3-4 months. Make sure to seal it well with the lid after storing. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Is Koliwada Fish Fry Recipe Healthy?
Koliwada fish fry is rich in protein, calcium, and iron, making it a healthy part of your diet. It is low in fat and thus helps to maintain a healthy heart.
Koliwada’s recipe is easy to prepare deliciously. It has been on our food list for centuries and is mostly made during festive occasions.
It is considered one of the best fish recipes, which are delicious. I am a big fan of the koliwada fish fry recipe, and it is my favorite fish recipe. Hope you will also fall in love with it after making this delicious dish at home.