Lox Sandwich Recipe is a dish that originates from various areas of the United States. It is traditionally made with a bagel and cream cheese or smoked salmon.
The most common sandwich types are cream cheese and lox, as well as an egg salad variation. This is a recipe for the traditional lox sandwich with cream cheese.
How To Make Lox Sandwich Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 4-6 pieces of bagels (or buns)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (cut in half lengthwise)
- 4 slices of dill pickles
- 1/4 cup chopped chives (optional)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish or dill pickles (optional)
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Put butter in a baking dish with a small, slotted spoon. Place salmon, skin side down, in the dish; coat with butter and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 8 minutes or until the salmon is opaque.
Step 3: While salmon is cooking, prepare bagels. Slice bagels horizontally then cut each half in half for six pieces.
Step 4: Spread cream cheese on each piece of bagel. Place two pieces of salmon on each piece of bagel with the skin facing out.
Step 5: Place a slice of onion, a half pickle, and a small pinch of chives on top of each piece of salmon.
Step 6: Transfer to oven and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Nutrition Fact Of Lox Sandwich Recipe
- Calories: 441
- Fat: 25.1 g
- Protein: 18.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.6 g
- Cholesterol: 56 mg
- Sodium: 496 mg
Health Benefits Of Lox Sandwich Recipe
Lox is made by curing salmon in brine (salt water) and then cold smoking it. Your body will benefit if you add smoked salmon to your diet.
It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help lower the level of triglycerides in your blood while reducing inflammation throughout the body. Omega-3 fatty acids may also reduce some people’s blood pressure and heart disease risks.
5 Amazing Freezing Ideas Of Lox Sandwich Recipe
1. Put the bagel halves or buns in the freezer; once they are frozen, transfer them to ziplock bags and keep them in the freezer. You may use them whenever you like as per your requirement.
2. Place slices of salmon on top of bagel halves or buns, place the baking dish in the freezer and cook them for 3 minutes or until they become frozen too. Take them out, transfer them to ziplock bags, label them with frozen stickers, and keep them back in the freezer.
3. You can freeze the salmon out of the dish and en them in ziplock bags. Label them and keep them in the freezer. This is a very easy way to store the salmon.
4. If you do not want to go for the frozen bagel slices, you can wrap a sheet of plastic around each bagel half or bun before placing all of it into a freezer bag and freezing them individually.
5. Many prefer making the lox at home to having them in the freezer. You can make this dish in a slow cooker. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened and translucent.
What Does Lox Taste Good With?
Here are a few pairing suggestions for the simple lox sandwich recipe
- If you serve this with your breakfast, you can pair it with a cup of coffee.
- If you serve this for brunch, pair it with orange juice or tea.
- For lunch or dinner, pair it with a small bowl of soup for additional nutrition.
In conclusion, I want to say that this recipe is one of my favorites. It tastes delicious, easy to make, and tastes best. I highly recommend this recipe to everyone who wants a great meal.