Malvani Surmai Fish Fry Recipe is a simple to prepare the dish. The fish fry is made from malvani surmai fish. It is a finger-licking dish that makes you enjoy your family and friends.
If marinated for a long time, it will be tastier. You can prepare this dish with other fish, prawns, or squid.
Prepare the marination the same way with your choice of fish and prawns. The recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner and gets done in a jiffy! Serve hot with lemon wedges, green chutney, and onion rings!
What Is Malvani Surmai Fish Fry Recipe?
Malvani Surma is a fish found on India’s west coast and north. It is rich in oil content as compared to other varieties of fish. The flesh is slightly red, which gives it a unique taste and flavor.
How To Make Malvani Surmai Fish Fry Recipe?
Malvani surmai fish fry recipe is a very easy recipe to know. We need some malvani surmai fish and some spices. All the ingredients are ready at home but cleaned and washed in water 2-3 times.
- 2 malvani surmai fish
- 3 green chilies
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste (If the masala is not roasted)
- Oil for deep frying – 1 cup – 2 tablespoons.
1. Clean the fish and wash in water 2-3 times. Now fry the fish in a pan by adding some oil or little ghee.
2. Add salt as per your taste.
3. Deep fry the fish in hot oil till it becomes golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
4. Remove it from oil and keep aside to cool down a little bit, then deep fry again in hot oil till both sides are golden brown, 2- 3 minutes on each side.
5. Remove it from oil and cut it into small pieces. Put aside.
6. To make the malvani chutney, roast the cumin seeds in a pan till they become an aromatic and little brown.
7. Add chopped onions, green chilies, and a little salt to it and saute it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
8. Now add the tomatoes and saute for another 3-4 minutes on medium flame till tomatoes get soft and mushy!
9. Now, add the crushed ginger garlic paste and saute on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
10. Now add turmeric powder salt and mix well.
11. Gently mix the fish pieces with the malvani chutney mixture and pour it into a serving bowl.
12. Now add the remaining malvani chutney mixture over the fish pieces and serve with green chutney and onion rings.
Nutrition Fact Of Malvani Surmai Fish Fry Recipe
|Total fat||31.1 gm|
10 Health Benefits Of Malvani Surmai Fish Fry Recipe
1. The oil from these fish is very rich in Vitamin D and Omega 3 fatty acids. It helps to fulfill our body’s needs for these nutrients.
2. The fish is a great source of protein and rich in amino acids. Consuming these amino acids greatly affects our immunity system, eyesight, and skin condition.
3. The fish also contain niacin, selenium, zinc, and phosphorus, which are very beneficial for our body systems like the liver and immune system.
4. The fish has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing pain and swelling.
5. The fish is rich in calcium and magnesium, essential for strong bones and teeth.
6. Malvani Surma is rich in phosphorus, selenium, and zinc, important nutrients for our body system.
7. The fish is enriched with Vitamin A, B1, B2, B12, and E, which helps in improving our blood circulation system and protects our eyes from diseases like glaucoma, etc.
8. The malvany fish has high nutritional values like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and iron. These are essential for our body’s growth and development.
9. Malvani Surma is a good source of Omega 3 fatty acids beneficial for cardiovascular and brain health.
10. The fish is rich in potassium, which helps control blood pressure and heart problems.
Is It Good For Children?
Yes, you can serve this malvani Surma fish fry recipe for your kids. It is a healthy recipe for children and can be served as a side dish. It also has protein and essential vitamins and minerals that help in the proper growth of children.
Is It Good For Testy And Dry Skin?
Yes. Any fish, in general, is good for dry skin because it’s rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial to the skin. As for surmai fish specifically, it’s lower in fat and higher in protein than other fishes such as cod and salmon.
The monounsaturated fat that surmai fish contains is linked to reducing inflammation and skin irritation, according to the journals “International Journal of Dermatology” and “Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.” Surmai fish fry is a tasty fried dish.
It is a delicious side dish for rice or chapati. You can use any oil to fry the surface, but coconut oil gives the dish a nice flavour and aroma.
Is It Good For Pregnant Woman?
Yes, pregnant women can also eat this malvani Surma fish fry recipe. All the ingredients are natural, and there are no artificial chemicals added to this recipe.
Is It Good For Old People?
Older adults can also enjoy this fish fry as a side dish. It is full of proteins and omega 3 fatty acids, which help in improving brain functions. It improves their memory power.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Yes, fish is a very good and low-fat food for heart patients. Malvani Surma fish fry recipe can be served as a healthy dish for your loved ones. Malvani Surmai fish fry recipe helps lower cholesterol levels and maintains blood pressure levels.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
Yes, it is very rich in protein, oil, and carbohydrate. It can be served as a side dish for people who have diabetes. It helps in maintaining their metabolism and controlling their sugar level.
Is It Healthy?
Yes, this fish fry is a low-fat, nutritious dish that helps improve various body systems according to age, gender, etc. It also has high micronutrients like vitamin A, B12, E, etc.
Which boosts up our immune system and keeps our body healthy and fit. Malvani Surmai fish fry recipe is a very healthy green dish and can be served on any occasion.
Is It Good For Weight Loss?
Yes, it is a low-fat and low-calorie dish. It helps control the blood triglyceride level and helps maintain the weight according to one BMI, etc.
Can I Freeze Malvani Surmai Fish Fry Recipe ?
The dish can be frozen before adding the fish to the recipe. However, do not freeze it after adding the fish to the recipe. It is advisable to store or freeze it only after cooking and cooling down.
Malvani Surma fish fry is a fabulous dish that tastes hot, spicy, and tangy. Malvani Surmai fish fry recipe is a very healthy and nutritious recipe that helps improve the various body systems.
Just try out this easy malvani surmai fish fry recipe at home and enjoy it.