Rohu Fish Fry Recipe is very easy to make. You need some preparation and cooking skills to get the dish right. Here is a recipe for rohu fish fry.
What Is Rohu Fish Fry Recipe?
It is also called rohu, murabba, etc., among overseas Indians and Bangladeshi people. It is also known as rohu as it looks like oily fish with dark green color.
How To Make Rohu Fish Fry Recipe?
- 1/2 kilo of rohu fish
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 3 sliced green chilies
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 100 grams of crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- some salt and spices
- oil for frying
1. Wash the fish and remove the skin and bones. Cut the fish into small pieces. Now mix it with salt, onion, green chilies, soy sauce, and curry powder. Keep it aside for some time.
2. Take a bowl and mix crushed cornflakes, bread crumbs, salt, and spices with water to form a thick batter.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan. Then make small pieces of fish from the batter. Deep fry it until it turns the golden brown color of about 6-7 minutes.
4. Now, put some oil in the pan and pour around 4-5 pieces of fish into there and fry until the batter gets completely cooked.
Serve rohu Indian fried fish with pure ghee, lemon wedges, and other side dishes like rice, potato salad, etc.
Nutrition fact of rohu fish fry recipe
|Nuts & Seeds||6.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.7 g|
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Rohu Fish Fry Recipe
1. Contains fiber that is beneficial for the digestive system.
2. Very low in fat content (low in calories).
3. It is good for those who have diabetes and heart patients to have low fat and low carbohydrate food.
4. Provides proteins, zinc, and iron that aid bone health.
5. It can help prevent cancer, too, as it has antioxidant properties (prevents damage of cells by free radicals).
6. Helps control blood sugar levels and improve cholesterol count while improving immunity.
7. It is also good for the skin and acts as an anti-aging agent.
8. Helps to control the blood pressure level.
9. Helps to maintain studies and concentration power in children.
10. It is also good for pregnant women as it helps in fetal development.
11. it is low in calories and has very low cholesterol content, so it is good to eat during pregnancy or after pregnancy when trying to lose weight.
12. It is a good recipe when your children are sick and don’t want to eat anything because it is very simple.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
The fat content of this dish is very less. So it is good for heart patients and diabetic patients too. It is good as it contains high levels of zinc, vitamin E, and omega-3 fatty acids that help prevent heart disease.
Is It Good For Children?
This recipe is good for children as it is very simple and easy to make. Children can have this recipe during the renovation or when they are sick and have a fever. It is also good to get them in a better mood by making this dish.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
The rohu fish fry recipe has low-fat content. It is good when you are pregnant. It helps in fetal development, too, and you can also eat this dish right before going to bed after having a meal.
Is It Good For Skin?
Yes, the fatty acids of the rohu fish fry recipe contain omega-3 acids that help to make your skin healthy from the inside and look radiant from the outside. It also reduces wrinkles too.
Is It Good For Your Hair?
Yes, the rohu fish fry recipe is good for your hair as it has omega-3 acids that help make the hair healthy and shiny. It also contains zinc (which helps maintain protein levels) and vitamin E, preventing aging.
Can I Take This If I Am On A Diet?
As this dish is very low in fat and saturated fats, you can take rohu fish fry as long as there are no other dietary restrictions.
Can I Take This If I Am Diabetic?
Yes, it is good for people with diabetes too. It is low in total fat, cholesterol, and saturated fats, so it is good for people with diabetes. It also contains vitamin E that helps prevent heart disease and cancers.
Can I Take This If I Am On A Weight Loss Diet?
This diet dish has very less fat content, so it is not bad to eat if you are on any special diet. You can have it if you are not eating anything else.
How To Serve Rohu Fish Fry Recipe?
Serve rohu fish fry on a plate and use ghee for the dish.
Is Rohu Fish Fry Recipe Spicy?
The taste of rohu fry is a bit hot, but if you want to make it spicier, add more green chilly and red chilies. But we normally don’t add any chilies to the dish, even if we want to make it spicy. You can also add chili powder or cumin (bhuna) powder to the dish.
Can I Freeze Rohu Fish Fry Recipe?
Yes, you can store rohu fish fry in the freezer for longer. If you want to store it for a long time, then first make sure that the dish is completely cool before putting it in the freezer.
Rohu fish fry is a dish that has very less fat and cholesterol, so it is good for all those on a diet. It also helps in preventing heart disease and cancers too.
So, you can plan to make this recipe your lunch or dinner menu. You will enjoy the taste of this dish.