Roopchand Fish Fry Recipe is a traditional Indian fish dish made with roopchands. The fish fry is made with various spices and vegetables, including red chilies, curry leaves, ginger, garlic, cauliflower, and potato.
The dish is typically served with onions rings alongside it. It can be eaten with roti or naan bread. It’s a popular dish in Indian cuisines. You can easily find it at most of the restaurants in India and foreign countries.
What Is Roopchand Fish Fry Recipe?
The roopchand of the fish is traditionally eaten in North India. The room prepares itself at the time of fishing and is kept in a fruit jar.
After making the roopchand, the fish is fried with other vegetables and spices. The dish has been made popular over the years by the local people of Kashmir.
It’s a traditional flavourful dish found across many parts of North India. Sometimes it can also be made with other fishes such as sea fishes, catfish, etc.
How To Make Roopchand Fish Fry Recipe?
To make a roopchand fish fry recipe, fish is washed and cleaned nicely. The fish should be whole with the roopchands attached to it.
The body of the fish is opened in half and the roopchand removed. Once the roopchand is removed, it can be kept aside for later making another dish. It can also be cooked with onions, tomatoes, and spices.
- 1/2 kilogram roopchand
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste(adrak lahsun ka paste)
- 1 and 1/4 cup water to be added as needed
- oil for deep frying the fish
- 1 medium-sized onion sliced into rings(optional) or chopped finely(optional)
1. Clean, wash, and drain the fish nicely. Now cut it into small pieces.
2. Put oil for deep frying the fish in a pan, as needed. When the oil is hot enough, reduce to medium flame and add a pinch of salt to the fish pieces(optional). Stir fry the fish gently for about 3-4 minutes on medium flame or till it gets golden brown from both sides.
3. Take red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and ginger-garlic paste in a bowl. Mix them nicely.
4. Add the prepared spice mixture to the fish pieces and stir fry the fish gently on low heat for about 2 minutes or till it gets coated well with spices.
5. At this stage, add water to the fish and mix well (a pinch of salt can also be added as needed). Cover the pan and cook on low flame for about 7-8 minutes. Turn off the heat.
6. Add some water if the gravy is too dry or too thick and mix it well with the fish to make a smooth gravy.
7. Then, take out fish pieces from the gravy and transfer them into a shallow dish. Cover it with a lid or aluminum foil so that the gravy doesn’t get dried up while serving hot.
8. Now serve the roopchand fish fry recipe hot with chopped onions or garlic chutney and salad bar.
9. This dish is best enjoyed with roti, naan bread, or rice.
Nutrition Fact Of Roopchand Fish Fry Recipe
|Dietary fiber||1.9 g|
10 Health Benefits Of Roopchand Fish Fry Recipe
1. It’s a healthy dish that contains lots of iron and calcium, which are essential for giving strength to the body.
2. It’s low in calories and contains no fat, so it’s very good for people with heart troubles.
3. It’s also low in cholesterol and fat.
4. It has enough protein, iron, and calcium to meet the daily requirements of all the nutrients required by the body.
5. Heart disease, asthma, diabetes, arthritis can be controlled effectively by regularly consuming roopchand fish fry.
6. It’s one of the best remedies for anemia.
7. It helps in clearing sinus and colds.
8. It’s a good source of potassium and magnesium, which help control blood pressure.
9. It can enhance immunity.
10. It helps to cure skin diseases and pimples.
Is It Good For Children?
Children best avoid Roopchand fish fry recipe. It can be given to children after consulting a doctor as it is not recommended for children under 5 years.
Is It Good For Pregnant Woman?
Roopchand fish fry recipe is one of the most recommended dishes for pregnant women. It has a very high protein and calcium level, which is important for the baby’s growth.
How To Serve Roopchand Fish Fry Recipe?
Roopchand fish fry recipe is served hot with chopped onions or garlic chutney and salad bar.
To freeze the roopchand fish fry recipe, you can transfer the cooked roopchand gravy into an airtight freezer-safe container. I would suggest you keep it in small portions so that the gravy can be used for a longer time.
Roopchand fish fry recipe is a traditional Indian dish that can be eaten on any occasion. It’s packed with lots of protein, iron, and calcium, making it a healthy dish.
It’s one of the healthiest recipes that you will find in Indian cuisine. Roopchand fish fry recipe tastes best when served hot with chopped onions or garlic chutney and salad bar on the side.
You can enjoy its succulent taste and delicious flavor in every bite of this mouthwatering dish.