Salmon Baguette Sandwich Recipe is a quick and easy meal that is perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner. This recipe uses salmon, a plain yogurt with cucumber, apple and celery, and other fresh ingredients. The cured salmon is lightly toasted on the baguette and toppings you choose.
This salmon baguette sandwich recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make and is healthy, full of flavor, and perfect for a quick meal on the go. A baguette can also be found in the deli section of your local supermarket.
How To Make Salmon Baguette Sandwich Recipe?
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- ½ inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (I used low-fat yogurt)
- 2 slices of salmon, large and thick
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: In a medium bowl, add the cucumber, apple, celery, ginger, lemon juice, and mint leaves and toss well
Step 2: Add the salmon and yogurt to the mixture in step 1. Mix until everything is evenly distributed
Step 3: Add salt and pepper to taste
Step 4: Toast the baguette on both sides under a broiler or in a toaster. Remove from heat once it is lightly toasted.
Step 5: Build your sandwich by adding two slices of salmon to the baguette. Add the cucumber and apple mixture. Top with fresh mint leaves and serve immediately.
Nutrition Fact Of Salmon Baguette Sandwich Recipe
- Calories: 290.44
- Protein: 21.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.8 g
- Fat: 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 44 mg
- Sodium: 251 mg
- Fiber: 5.9 gm
Health Benefits Of Salmon Baguette Sandwich Recipe
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, one of the best natural anti-inflammatory foods for your body. It is a nutritionally dense food that helps in protecting heart health and brain function.
It also assists in healthy skin, hair and nails. I hope you enjoy this salmon baguette sandwich recipe!
5 Best Freezing Ideas For Salmon Baguette Sandwich Recipe
1. Cool the cooked salmon down to room temperature. Wrap the salmon baguette sandwich in plastic wrap and put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Please remove it from the freezer and wrap it again with aluminum foil or a plastic freezer bag. Freeze for up to one month.
2. Store the cooked salmon, cucumber, apple, and celery mixture in a container and freeze for up to 3 months.
3. Wrap the cooled salmon baguette sandwich in aluminum foil and freeze for up to 6 months.
4. Store the cooked salmon, cucumber, apple, and celery mixture in a container and freeze for up to 7 months.
5. Make extra and freeze for later use. Wrap the baguette sandwiches in aluminum foil or a plastic freezer bag, seal and freeze for up to one month. Thaw before using.
Can I Use Butter Instead Of Cream Cheese?
Yes, you can. This is a good substitution since the cream cheese spreads easily, and you don’t need to use butter. However, if you prefer to use butter instead of cream cheese, omit the cream cheese and mix the chopped fresh herbs with butter before spreading it on the baguette.
Does Smoked Salmon And Cheese Go Together?
Yes, smoked salmon and cheese taste good. However, you can use a thinly sliced cheese for a milder taste or stronger-tasting cheese for a stronger taste. A stronger-tasting cheese will make the sandwich taste more strongly.
The salmon baguette sandwich recipe is a healthy lunch or dinner with flavor. They are quick and easy to make and make the perfect meal on the go. The salmon is great for body and brain health, and I hope you enjoy the recipe!