Salvadoran Turkey Sandwich Recipe is an American-meets-Salvadoran sandwich recipe that is great for lunch, dinner, and breakfast! There’s not enough time in the day to make a batch of turkey so you can enjoy this sandwich any time!
This Salvadoran turkey sandwich recipe is a moist, tangy, and flavorful turkey meatloaf sandwich! This sandwich is the perfect snack for your family or lunchbox, but it is also delicious for breakfast!
How To Make Salvadoran Turkey Sandwich Recipe?
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 2 eggs, yolks, and whites separated
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (for baking only)
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ají Amarillo paste for serving if desired
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, combine ground turkey and pork with bread crumbs, salt, onion, fresh cilantro, and garlic powder. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
Step 2: Form into a loaf in your hands; place it in a baking dish.
Step 3: Combine sour cream with egg yolks in another bowl; mix well. Stir in mayonnaise, oregano, and seasoning salt (for baking only). Add egg mixture to meatloaf mixture. Spoon over the top of the meatloaf.
Step 4: Beat egg whites until foamy with a fork; brush over the loaf. Bake for 45 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
Step 5: Slice into 1-inch thick slices and serve with ají Amarillo paste if desired.
Nutrition Fact Of Salvadoran Turkey Sandwich Recipe
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Saturated fat: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 140 mg
- Sodium: 779 mg
Health Benefits Of Salvadoran Turkey Sandwich Recipe
Salvadoran turkey sandwich recipe is a recipe that is delicious, nutritious, and full of flavor! This sandwich is a great source of protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. The turkey has been sustainably raised for the last 10 years.
It also provides more than 54% of the daily recommended amount of Omega-3 fatty acids. The turkey contains other essential vitamins, such as niacin, thiamine, and riboflavin. The turkey also contains B vitamins, thiamine, vitamin B12, and pantothenic acid.
5 Best Freezing Ideas For Salvadoran Turkey Sandwich Recipe
1. Make a big batch of the sandwich! Divide the meatloaf into 8 pieces and store in bags, containers, or freezer bags. Freeze the turkey loaf until hardened.
2. Once frozen, transfer sandwiches to air-tight containers to stop freezer burn and prevent sogginess by wrapping them with aluminum foil or another freezer-friendly material.
3. Freeze the sandwich on a clean plate with a piece of wax paper underneath to prevent freezer burn!
4. Buy a large turkey breast (like a boneless, skinless turkey breast) and cut into 1-inch thick slices or break into 2-inch slices; wrap each slice in aluminum foil and freeze. Then cut each frozen slice into 2-inch pieces to make time-saving sandwich recipes.
5. If you have time, you can also marinate the turkey breast! Marinate the slices overnight in a container with a marinade or wrap each slice in plastic and place it into a container filled with marinade. Marinate overnight or for at least 6 hours in the refrigerator.
Pan Con Chumpe Salvadoreño Recipe
Pan con chump salvadoreño recipe is a sandwich served on telera bread with mojarra, also known as striped bass. It is a day-old bread that has been lightly toasted and buttered.
This sandwich can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The ingredients for this recipe depend on the taste preference of the person preparing this sandwich.
Salvadoran turkey sandwich recipe is an American-meets-Salvadoran sandwich recipe that has become a favorite American sandwich recipe. This sandwich is the perfect snack for your family or lunchbox, but it is also delicious for breakfast! This sandwich is the perfect breakfast sandwich recipe.