Tuna Croissant Sandwich Recipe is a quick, delicious and easy meal idea. Tuna can be made ahead and placed in the fridge to take out when you’re ready.
The croissant is delicious, easy, and great for a quick breakfast or lunch. This sandwich will fill you up with no leftovers! This recipe is quick, tasty, full of protein, and low in calories. I would say it’s best served as lunch or dinner.
How To Make Tuna Croissant Sandwich Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 a tin of tuna in brine (can be packed in water)
- 1/2 Potatoes, boiled and peeled (can be replaced with steamed potatoes)
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 croissant bread slices
- 6 olives, sliced thinly
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp cheese, grated. (can be any cheese of your choice)
- Salt to taste
Step 1: Mix the tuna with mayonnaise in a bowl.
Step 2: Slice potatoes into small pieces and mix with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-30 minutes at 190 degrees Celsius.
The oven should be off, but the potatoes must stay inside until cool. This can also be prepared by wrapping in foil and placing it in the fridge overnight.
Step 3: Place a dry non-stick pan on medium heat. Lay out the croissant bread on a plate and place the cheese on one side of the other. Toast the bread before placing the cheese on top until melted, keeping it between 2 plates to avoid burning.
Step 4: Next, place the tuna mixture on one slice and add potatoes and olives over it with tomatoes.
Step 5: Grate the cheese over the tuna mixture and place the other slice of bread on top.
Step 6: Place the packed sandwich in a plastic bag and remove air before placing it in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Place in a microwave for about 3 minutes to soften it if needed, then cut into 4 pieces and serve.
Nutrition Fact Of Tuna Croissant Sandwich Recipe
- Calories: 279
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 44 mg
- Carbohydrates: 52.5 g
- Sugar: 6.5 g
- Protein: 15.3 g
Health Benefits Of Tuna Croissant Sandwich Recipe
Incorporating tuna as part of your diet will provide you with several nutritional benefits. It is a great source of protein, is low in fat, and provides many essential vitamins and minerals.
Tuna is an excellent zinc source, vital in maintaining proper immune system function. Zinc plays a key role in the formation and maintenance of DNA, which forms the genetic material of cells in our body. Zinc also helps maintain healthy skin.
5 Amazing Freezing Ideas For Tuna Croissant Sandwich Recipe
1. overnight croissant sandwiches, wrap them in cling film, and place them in the freezer
2. tuna can sandwiches, refill tins with tuna and place them into the fridge for a few hours to freeze for later
3. tuna croissant sandwiches or on rye bread or whole wheat, before freezing wrap it in cling film and places it in the freezer
4. tuna croissant sandwich recipe, place the tin of tuna in water in a fridge for 30 minutes before re-heating and freezing
5. tuna croissant sandwich recipe, place it in a plastic bag, remove air and freeze for 2-4 hours.
Can I Eat Mayonnaise While Pregnant?
Pregnant women can eat mayonnaise. Eating more than 2-3 Tbsp of mayonnaise a day is not recommended.
Pregnant mothers should make sure to check the labels on food and read the nutrition facts. This will also help them to pick out wholesome foods that are unsaturated and low in saturated fat and cholesterol, as well as a trans fat.
I hope you enjoy this tuna croissant sandwich recipe, and please leave your feedback. I would love to know what you think of it. If you like this recipe, then please share my blog with others.